X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acting up

Old 09-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Acting up

Hi Forum, Its been a while since ive posted last. About a month ago I was selling my car and made a deal for $13k but my heart wouldnt let her go so i kept her however my love has been acting up....my X Type of course. Recently my X type wont start up, Once you turn the key the cars guages keep reseting and making a electronic-al noise, all the lights turn on but nothing turns over in the engine bay. Ive had this done to me 4 times already and had a gear box fault warning twice now. I havent a clue where to start looking under the hood or something, so before heading over to my jaguar mechanic i thought to share it with you guys for any suggestions? So if anybody could help me out it would be much appreciated.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Jessy
Hi Forum, Its been a while since ive posted last. About a month ago I was selling my car and made a deal for $13k but my heart wouldnt let her go so i kept her however my love has been acting up....my X Type of course. Recently my X type wont start up, Once you turn the key the cars guages keep reseting and making a electronic-al noise, all the lights turn on but nothing turns over in the engine bay. Ive had this done to me 4 times already and had a gear box fault warning twice now. I havent a clue where to start looking under the hood or something, so before heading over to my jaguar mechanic i thought to share it with you guys for any suggestions? So if anybody could help me out it would be much appreciated.
Sounds like maybe a bad battery or a loose connection somewhere. You might try checking the battery cables and cleaning them. Then run a load check on the battery to see if it is up to par. At least these things don't cost anything to do. A bad battery can operate the instrument panel even the head lights etc and still not start the engine.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

The 2nd to last time my car had the gearbox fault I decided to drive the 20KM to the dealer. As I was driving one by one every light came up on the dash, then one by one every gauge stopped working, by the time I got to the dealer I thought the thing was going to explode. Then it wouldn't start in the dealer lot so I thought for sure I blew it up.

Mechanic said it's all related to a wet TCM, disconnected the battery for a minute or so, reconnected it and it fired right up and all the gauges worked and no lights. He cleaned and dried the TCM (it was new so he knew it was just wet) and that was that. Monday if its dry here I will do the plastic bag trick I mentioned in my other thread.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

gearbox fault ended in a tranny rebuild.
the gauges sounds like a low battery, my CTS did the same thing, the clock even started spinning backwards lights started flashing and cluster lit up. put her on the charger and fired right up. the voltage was around 9v i think when it did it.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:18 PM

Hopefully its not a tranny issue but i did get my stock battery checked out and it was shot, I replaced it with a brand new one and nothing its still doing the same mumbo jumbo ill post a youtube link up shortly .

Old 09-02-2010, 07:50 PM