X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aftermarket audio install X-Type 2006

Old 03-18-2016, 03:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default aftermarket audio install X-Type 2006

Hi Guys,
I wonder if anyone can assist?, I am replacing the radio/cd player in my X-Type with aftermarket GPS touch screen/DVD/Bluetooth unit etc.
I can figure the power/earth/and speaker connections but the cars connector I believe is a "SOT-082" I have found a diagram but it does not list all connections, namely the steering wheel controls, the unit I bought has three wires for this purpose two brown labelled SWC 1 and SWC2 and a black earth but I don't know where they connect on the original block which has 20 connections.
does anyone have the full list, I found links in old posts but they no longer work.
Cheers and thanks in advance.
Wayne

Old 03-19-2016, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Maybe a mod will move post to correct forum.

You could start there and read what others have already posted.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:51 AM
GGG
Received 16,756 Likes on 12,145 Posts

Originally Posted by WayneinAus
Hi Guys,
I wonder if anyone can assist?, I am replacing the radio/cd player in my X-Type with aftermarket GPS touch screen/DVD/Bluetooth unit etc. ......
Welcome to the forum Wayne,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to X-Type forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 03-19-2016, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, you have to use an adapter for the steering wheel controls to work.