X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum Headlight Aiming Tabs

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Aluminum Headlight Aiming Tabs

Would anybody be interested in purchasing a set of alum. headlight aiming tabs (since the plastic ones always break)? I want to make some for myself and if other people are interested, I may just purchase some tooling needed to make the job a little easier. Any input would be appreciated. Maybe some of the Jag techs will be interested to keep a few sets in hand for a needing customer! Thanks, Four.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by xx_four_stroke_xx
would anybody be interested in purchasing a set of alum. Headlight aiming tabs (since the plastic ones always break)? I want to make some for myself and if other people are interested, i may just purchase some tooling needed to make the job a little easier. Any input would be appreciated. Maybe some of the jag techs will be interested to keep a few sets in hand for a needing customer! Thanks, four.
i would, But I want to see what y6ou come up with cause xtype headlights are terrible for plastic quality. the entire post and adjuster and mounts have to be made

Old 09-22-2010, 04:39 PM

I was thinking to only do the larger piece of plastic with the ball on the end, and then the socket for the ball.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Aluminum Headlight Adjusters

Let us know how they work out, and how much you want to sell them for. I would probably buy some.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will also be interested. I removed my headlamps this weekend to try to repair the tabs and found that there is nothing to repair. The tabs were broken to small pieces. I now have to live with wobbling handlamps. I saw the modified plastic tabs on ebay and the price is not so good considering that they are going to fail also. Please keep me informed about the progress of your project. My emails: mmolaik@bpc.bw or kabelo.mmolai@yahoo.com My car is 2.5l Auto X-type 2002 model

Old 09-29-2010, 12:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Aluminium headlight aiming tabs

Just wanted to know how far you are with your project of making aluminium headlight aiming tabs. Very interested in them.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:35 PM

To be honest, not very good. I have talked with my machine shop and the hardest part is designing a way to make the socket, so I don't know if i will have any this week. I hope when I go back to school I will have more time to play with a mill and get some made. Sorry to disappoint.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not looked at the way the adjusters work, but maybe a different design would be easier to manufacture. Just a thought...

Old 08-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

hi
i can make the centre tab on s type headlight , as that is the one made of some white plastic and breaks into lot of tiny pieces ,
i repaired one side using black plastic tab from some old headlight and gluing the pieces with this
LORD Corporation - Fusor® T22 Truck Plastic Bonding Adhesive (Fast)

has been 3 months and no worries , gonna do the other side as soon as i hit 5 months mark

i never thought of it , making it out of steel wud be much easier ,
the only reason i didnt do it cause i had less time , ddid the repair at my work and cant occupy space for too long ,

i can make the tabs out of steel , bend and cut steel sheet into shape , weld nut with same thread on one end and use steel ball welded to strong 3-4mm thick steel rod as tab and weld then together , woila you have a non destructible tab

i work at body shop , send me old tab joined together with some temporary glue , i can possibly make a copy of it or repair it with a professional glue if i cant , and if possible will need the adjustment screw to match threads for a nut
let me know if some one has broken spare headlight out of whick someone can send me these parts ,
can make these costing as low as my 1 hour pay + material so around 50-70$ for a set

Old 08-05-2011, 12:25 PM

Contact motorcarsltd.com they already have repair kits made......

Old 08-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks
solves all the headache , will update on what they reply
thanks brutal
cheers

Old 08-17-2011, 08:39 PM

Hi,

Did you get to do those tabs?
As could have been predicted, I too have issues with headlights adjusters
I need to fix the problem and looking at doing it the smartest way. If you or anyone has a suggestion, I'll be glad to hear from you

Originally Posted by Xx_Four_Stroke_xX
Would anybody be interested in purchasing a set of alum. headlight aiming tabs (since the plastic ones always break)? I want to make some for myself and if other people are interested, I may just purchase some tooling needed to make the job a little easier. Any input would be appreciated. Maybe some of the Jag techs will be interested to keep a few sets in hand for a needing customer! Thanks, Four.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Laurence
Hi,

Did you get to do those tabs?
As could have been predicted, I too have issues with headlights adjusters
I need to fix the problem and looking at doing it the smartest way. If you or anyone has a suggestion, I'll be glad to hear from you
read my post, theyre already avail and I use these to fix headlight assemblies

The following users liked this post:
Laurence (08-18-2011)