X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another X Type AC problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another X Type AC problem

I have an '03 X 2.5. The AC only blew hot so I took it to Midas. The closest dealership is an hour away. They blew out the line and filled the freon/r134 and dye. It happened again a day later and I took it back. They found the leak and replaced the AC hose. I drove around town and the right front vent blows noticeably cooler air than the left front vent. Either way it still feels warm.....IM SWEATING IN MY CAR. Anyone know what else to check before I make the hour long trek to the dealership. Unfortunately not very car savy. Thanks

Old 06-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

On the other thread about bad AC somebody posted a link to a SB which tells how to remove the glove compartment to gain access to a sliding door which apparently gets stuck or does not travel correctly and which MIGHT cause the trouble you are having. If you are not car savvy, you might not want to tear your glove compartment out! But there is only one way to learn and that is trial and error with de-emphasis on error.
My car sort of has same issue; right vent is quite cold while left one is merely cool. But I have not tried the service bulletin thing yet.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I copied these instructions from the other thread...credit to Ruslan

1. Open the hood and remove plastic guard that sits under the windsheld. (or you can just lift it, that should be enough for this job) !if you will decide to remove it completly, please be careful, as a plastic lip that holds it tight in place, might and probably will break if you just pull it. Try picking it out with the knife from the end, and work your way across, this will help.
2. Remove pollen filter. (Long filter that filters air comming in to your fan)
3. You will see a flap (its light brown color) behind a plastic net. It will be closed shut.
4. Take a thin knife, or anything else that will fit in there, and push the flop open. Make sure you push it all the way up.
5. Clean inside windows with window cleaner.

I know the pics arent good, but I do not see any flap or net. I watched her spin so I assume there couldnt be a fuse problem. any other ideas?