X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any headlight assembly internals suppliers??

Old 03-24-2011, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any headlight assembly internals suppliers??

Before I go to the trouble of taking my headlamp assemblies out of the car to attempt repairing them, I would like to know if it is possible to get some of the parts beforehand. I bought the car a couple of months ago, and initally, while the low beams are adjusted okay, the highs are out of line. I tried to get them right, but apparently the innerds are broken. I replaced the high beams with 100w bulbs, and noticed the inner assembly for both sides' headlights are loose (even before I replaced the bulbs). I don't want to risk losing the current low beam alignment by taking the headlamps out of the car to inspect them on the bench, or am I okay to at least take them out without disrupting their innerds?? Does some other less expensive option exist for new parts, such as Suzuki, or similar?? ( I mean just to supply inner adjuster or mounting parts??) Thanks all

Old 03-24-2011, 04:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

You should check it with our vendors , they should have the item you described

NALLEY
JPAM

ebay as usual

off the site
www.jagbits.com

www.motorcarsltd.com

The following users liked this post:
Kassaq (03-25-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Banned
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

there is one guy on ebay that sells the little plastic pivots, he is in Australia.

He puts a little mighty putty epoxy around them to reinforce them, and sells them for 85 dollars... kinda pricey for a teeny part of plastic. but he is the only one with the little part.

I decided to re-do mine without the parts, I rebuilt them using a round headed screw that fit prefectly into the socket.... then built it up with mighty putty and some metal bits to make it work... been good for a few months now

The following users liked this post:
Kassaq (03-25-2011)
Old 03-25-2011, 01:48 AM

I looked at the Motorcars site and found the Xenon repair kit that will work if I can't get the screw and epoxy putty with metal reinforcement repair to work. Many THANKS!!

Old 03-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Kassaq
I looked at the Motorcars site and found the Xenon repair kit that will work if I can't get the screw and epoxy putty with metal reinforcement repair to work. Many THANKS!!

Hey there Wasilla Alaska (home of Palin the Impaler) - when you do the repair, howzabout posting some pictures or a how-to?

I need to do this, and I've been putting it off becuase of the cost of the Aussie part at $85 per light, and Moto's not much better at $75 (but at least it doesn't look like a PLASTIC part for $75!). I also can't quite picture where that part is or what it does without taking everything apart, and i'td be nice to see what i'm getting into first....

Tanks in advance!

Old 03-26-2011, 05:14 AM

I think it will be at least a month before I can get to the headlamp repair. I am going to be pretty busy for the next month or two. I will probably repair the headlamps, but have to wait a few months to align them as we will be having too little darkness to do it properly.