X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bent this part. Can't get tire on.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent this part. Can't get tire on.

Somehow accidentally bent the flat metal part you see in the picture. Now I can only get the spare tire on. I will take it to the dealer tomorrow, because can someone tell me what the name of this part is so that I can better describe the problem?

Old 12-26-2016, 02:15 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Official jag name?
Swing arm is a common name.
Big wrench will fix it enough.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

We lookin' at RR well? That'd be helpful.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:21 AM
Received 7,879 Likes on 4,763 Posts

Jaguar calls the part the HUB CARRIER. The trailing arm is integral with the assy.

Just bent the living crap out of the part back to 'straight' as best you can to get the wheel back on.

The part gets bent from placing the lift pad too far back and too far inward when lifting the car.

I have never had to replace one but I have spent some time re-bending a few to get them back to functional.

bob

The following users liked this post:
innzane (12-28-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 04:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by motorcarman
Jaguar calls the part the HUB CARRIER. The trailing arm is integral with the assy.

Just bent the living crap out of the part back to 'straight' as best you can to get the wheel back on.

The part gets bent from placing the lift pad too far back and too far inward when lifting the car.

I have never had to replace one but I have spent some time re-bending a few to get them back to functional.

bob
Bummer! i had the same Problem, did'nt figure it out until i put it on the lift the Best way to get it back without damaging it. Is too Use a 2x6 wood plank and Use a Sledge Hammer and a Couple of SOLID!WHACKS! to bend it back and Cover the width of the Hub Carrier/Frame and Happy Days! again GOOD LUCK!!!

Never Too Kool For Skool!!!

Old 01-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Better to replace the bent arm rather than bending back as this affects the geometry resulting in premature tyre wear and the possibility of invalid insurance in the event of an accident