X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built in phone system and Bluetooth x type

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 07:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built in phone system and Bluetooth x type

I have recently bought back a previous x type estate I owned about 4 years ago. In the time it has been out of my possession it has mainly been off the road and done less than 1000 miles in those four years. It appeared for sale in my local garage and it was such a good price against my wife's advice I bought it. During this time it has developed a few issues. One is the mobile phone unit. My phone easily find the "Jaguar" Bluetooth when ignitions on and always pairs easily but it seems the car dosent know it has bluetooth and phone fitted. Usually the touchscreen unit either says "No Phone Fitted" or occasionally "Communication Fault Consult your dealer" I have removed the phone unit from the boot checked all the connections and wiring loom in boot all seems fine and the CD multichanger and SATNAV DVD unit all work fine. Also checked connections at rear of touchscreen display and all appear in order. Also visted local dealer they seem unintrested in giving advise unless I spent money. Fair enough I guess but hadn't just robbed a bank so couldn't afford too spend money there. Anyone have any ideas what to do next shot of giving up and installing my parrot frim my previous jag?? Thanks again Dave