X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C one side cold one side warm Jaguar X-type 2002

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C one side cold one side warm Jaguar X-type 2002

After reading all possible forums about the A/C issue where the drivers’ side air blows warm and the passenger blows cold, I have tried every possible "home remedy" like switching the R6 with R8 fuses in the engine, I have checked all flaps and they are in working conditions, and took it to the Jaguar dealer and they said it was a flap problem and that the condenser needs to be replaced.

I have a question, I removed the blower inside the cabin and checked for recirc flap which, as I mentioned before, is working, I checked the other flaps that divide the Heat from the cold... and is also working great, I looked at it as it moves and completely shuts.

now ran another test and I put my hand in front of the evaporator when it was blowing and I could feel that half of the airflow through the evap was warm and half was cold???. ..

There are no flaps behind the evap that divides the airflow. Seems like the freon is running only through half of the evap???

Does this sound familiar???

Any help will be appreciated!

Old 07-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am having exact same problem

..wondering if you ever got to the bottom of it. My driver side is 20 degrees warmer that right side.

thanks
Rick

Old 07-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Default Colder at right

Hi, my air conditioning is colder at right than on left !!! doeus any one knows why ??? it an x-type 3.0 2001..... tks

Old 07-24-2011, 12:10 PM

Have any of you tried adding freon (R134)? I had that problem a couple of years ago and just added a small portion of the can to get it to original pressure and the problem fixed. I think when it starts to get low you will see it peter out and make only half of the evaporator coils cold.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:07 PM

Thanks Dave, I tried topping it off and it is at 40 lbs, but maybe there is too much air, I think I will take another shot at it. Can I let off some of the pressure without a professional evacuation setup, or will I be letting freon escape? I don't want to over pressurize low side. What is the max I should go to on low side?

Old 07-25-2011, 07:19 PM

You always add gas only to the low side. There really aren't separate sides as when it is turned off the sides equalize. Only when the compressor is running the high side pressure goes up and the low goes down. I have one of those gauges from an auto parts store that you can hook up to the low side port. When the compressor is running the level should stay in the green zone. If it drops below, add R134 until it stays in the green. When it goes off it will always go in the red zone but you only read the gauge when the compressor is running.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:26 AM

Thanks. It was low so I filled it into the green zone which was 36 psi. Seems better but it was cool here today so I'll find out tomorrow if it fixed imbalance.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Default sides ?

ni boys ! is there 2 side to put gas ???? i only see 1 valve.....

Old 07-27-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by rickbct
Thanks. It was low so I filled it into the green zone which was 36 psi. Seems better but it was cool here today so I'll find out tomorrow if it fixed imbalance.
rickbct, did you have any trouble getting the fill hose fitting over the fitting on the A/C line? I'm having trouble putting the gauge on as the fill valve is so close to the strut tower.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:02 AM

Davidoo,
I did take another shot at and I'm back in business. I got another hose/gauge assembly and found that I was below 30 psi on low side. I filled it to just under 40 which was one small can of r134 freon.

I filled mine through the low pressure fitting located in the tube back near the firewall on the passenger side. The high pressure fitting is close to same position but is closer to the fender. You can't mix them up because they are different diameter fittings. I had no trouble getting connecting the hose to low pressure fitting. I used two hands to lift up center sliding part of hose connector and pushed down without much pressure then released sliding part while holding top of connector with my thumbs. I struggled trying to do it with one hand but using this approach made it easy.

I'm an getting ice cold air out of all vents on both sides now. What a difference!