Sponsored by:

C1175 ABS Wheel Speed Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry C1175 ABS Wheel Speed Sensor

Jag Friends . . .

2004 3L X-Type.

Looking for some assistance. To start with, I have ready every available post and video on this site and on the internet and tried all of Thermos suggestions.

Having an ABS issue. ABS and Check Engine lights are on. Getting Chassis code C1175 (Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor).

The sensor rings look good on both the rear left and right sides. I have Ohm'd both the rear left (faulty) and right side (good) from the connection under the rear seat to the sensor with similar results on both the good side and the faulty left side. I also Ohm'd from the connection to the front with similar readings on both sides.

Additionally, I also tried to check the voltage while spinning the wheels to ground and across both pins on both sides with no results (volts) using a DMM (currently do not have an AMM).

I am about to just toss in the towel and order a new left rear sensor and see if this resolves the issue.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

TIA

Old 05-16-2017, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Have you tried swapping the sensors and seeing if the fault travels to the new location. If it doesn't then it isn't the sensor.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Avern1,

Unfortunately, they are not the same on both sides. I suppose I could try to rig up some wires to connect the feed from the ABS unit to the rear left sensor and and have them feed to the right side and vise-versa. I guess I'll just have to try with some alligator clips and a few pins.

I suppose if this works, after clearing the current code, I would then expect the code to switch from C1175 to C1165. I'll give this a try as soon as I have the time.

Thanks!

Old 05-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 391 Likes on 288 Posts

the speed sensors are very cheep ,i would buy to eliminate the sensor ,5 min job

Old 10-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by USarmor
Avern1,

Unfortunately, they are not the same on both sides. I suppose I could try to rig up some wires to connect the feed from the ABS unit to the rear left sensor and and have them feed to the right side and vise-versa. I guess I'll just have to try with some alligator clips and a few pins.

I suppose if this works, after clearing the current code, I would then expect the code to switch from C1175 to C1165. I'll give this a try as soon as I have the time.

Thanks!
Going to gate crash this thread, hope you dont mind , .....Did you resolve your issue , I have the very same fault and tested both sides to compare and left one which was read faulty comes up as .725 m/ohms and right rear 32.30 ohms and right doesn't generate m/v and sits at o.ooo mv
The left sits at 5.9 mv and sits there while spinning wheel , this is on 3.0 l manual X type .
Did you eventually replace the sensor please..
You maybe long gone from this site , so my apologies

Last edited by alfapat; 10-12-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts