Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cant find this part anywhere!! Chrome cargo area handle

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant find this part anywhere!! Chrome cargo area handle

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and honestly joined to see if I can get guided in the right direction. The owner of my company has recently purchased 2 Jags, a 96' XJS Convertible and a 2005 X-type Sportwagon. He loves both of these cars but seems to like the Sportwagon more. He asked me to find him a part but I cant seem to find this anywhere.

The cargo area on the wagon has 2 chrome handles on either side for access to storage compartments. The one on the left has the base piece broken. I have been dealing with 2 different dealerships and both have sent me wrong parts. I have been told that this part is unavailable, and that's fine, but the part that they say replaces it will not work either.

I have searched online, looked for this handle on other Jag models and even looked at other "ford era" makes to see if anything crosses over to no avail. I cant even find someone parting out a sportwagon.

I have attached some pics, the first is what the dealer sent me and the second is what is currently on the vehicle.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find one of these? Or is there is a fix or anyone parting out a wagon?

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

T

Attached Thumbnails Cant find this part anywhere!! Chrome cargo area handle-trimpanel1.jpg   Cant find this part anywhere!! Chrome cargo area handle-handle5.jpg  
Old 11-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Send a Private Message to DrDome. I know he has an estate wagon and may be able to help you out. He specializes in parting out x-types.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:07 PM
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Page 25 ( of 27 ) has that area of the vehicle.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Parts..._2000-2005.pdf

Old 01-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump... Any body know of anybody parting a wagon out?

Old 01-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Check out Car-Part.com it searches several national junk yards. The site doesn't tell you if they are wagons or not, but does provide contact info.

Search Results

You can find the part number on the site that Bud Tender provided. Also, did you contact Dr. Dome? Otherwise search Craigslist nationally and find someone selling their X-Type. Maybe they would be willing to sell that part or even exchange yours with some cash.