X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Changer Won't read.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Changer Won't read.

Hi everyone. Well I replaced the battery and now my CD changer won't play. There is power going to the playing in the truck because I can remove the cartige and re-insert it. However when my cental unit will won't read it. It only plays the radio. The navigation system, AC, and everything appears to be working fine. I didn't even have to reset my windows (as i've read about)... but my cd changer won't play. Anyone know what this might be.

thanks, in advanced.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

When you hit the CDC button do you get anything up on the front display, or does it not do anything?

There's an outside chance (and I'm speculating here) that the car has 'forgotten' that it has the changer in the trunk - this would require reprogramming through the ODBII port.

Regards

Rob

Old 10-17-2012, 06:20 PM

When I hit the CD Changer button it does nothing, If the radio is off and I hit the button the radio turns on (like any other buttom on the radio)... So I think you might be right on the car having forgotten that it has a cd changer. I want to try to reprogram it through the ODB2. Do you know where I can find a "how to" guide on this?

Thanks for your help

Old 10-17-2012, 08:10 PM

I searched online and found a guide that helps me half of the way through. I hold the Phone and the Menu button for 5 seconds, then type in 1971 to get me to the options. I go into "Misc" then "System Options", I select "CDC" but still my CDC does not work, everything remains the same. I know I've almost got it but I'm doing something wrong... Please help.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:04 PM

Hi everyone,I have taken the CD changer out of my 3.0lt and put it in my 2.5 it's got power but it,s not working.everything else is so what should I do next? Pretty green on this stuff so you'll need to explain like I'm an idiot.many thanks mick

Old 02-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a newbee having just bought an X Type 3ltr 2002. The first thing I had to do was fix the CDC. It would'nt eject or read. I took it apart and found that the large gear was not fully re-set. Turned it fully to the stop and now it works perfectly. The following is offered only as a guide as I am trying to remember the sequence. Remove the CDC from the car complete with the mounting brackets (4 nuts, power and fibre optic connectors). The top cover together with the plastic front is what needs to be removed. The top cover extends over the sides, remove the screws located in the side (I think it was 2 each side but they are clearly visable). Unclip and remove the black plastic cover from the side (the CDC can be fitted at different angles and these covers lock the adjusters in position. Mine had 1 on one side but there could 1 on each side). Remove rear black plastic corner pieces (1 screw and clipped in). Release rear electrical connector box (2 screws. NOTE BE AWARE THERE IS A RIBBON CABLE INSIDE). Unclip the black plastic front from the base. The top can now be removed along with the front by rotating from the front of the unit. As you lift the cover the sides need to be pulled sideways to clear the angle adjuster pins. The large gear is now visible. In the face is a slot and pin and the chances are there is a gap between the pin and the end of the slot. Rotate the gear to re-set the unit. Before re-assembly connect the leads and test being careful not to stress the ribbon cable. Assembly is easy. As I said at the begining this is only a guide but if you keep in mind that you are removing the top together with the front it shouldn't be difficult. Tools required. Small Torx set. Small philips driver. Flat screw driver to assist levering.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagm1979
I searched online and found a guide that helps me half of the way through. I hold the Phone and the Menu button for 5 seconds, then type in 1971 to get me to the options. I go into "Misc" then "System Options", I select "CDC" but still my CDC does not work, everything remains the same. I know I've almost got it but I'm doing something wrong... Please help.
You need to find a Jag guy or take it to a dealer. Your radio has indeed forgotten it is connected to a CD changer. I replaced my cassette with a CD from a later car and had to re-program my CDC button so the ACM would play my iPod tunes.
It's a simple job but you'll probably get charged an hour's labor.