X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Player (single) Won't Eject 2004 X-Type

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 08:36 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thread resurrect- as this was the only one I could find close to the problem I am having.

My single CD player has become intermittent. When you put in a disc, it acts like it does not recognize that a disc has been put in. It goes immediately to the radio, and when you cycle thru AM > FM > CD, it skips over CD like it is empty. And won't play obviously. It will eject fine (usually) and you can put it back in and same thing.

But then later, it will recognize the CD, and play for a while, and then "lose" it and go back to thinking it is empty again. Later still, it will basically act normal and play fine. It might be recognizing it when the CD is in the player when the car is started, but not when the CD is inserted while the car is already running - I need to test that hypothesis.

All this seems to be worse in cold weather - had problems last winter, and has just started happening again now that its cooling off again.

Meanwhile, any ideas? Is there a disc sensor that is dirty or failing or something? Bad connection somewhere? TIA.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 712 Likes on 637 Posts