Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Central Locking Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Locking Problem

Hi Guys,

I have an 02 xtype and I have problems locking the car with the central locking.
It opens okay but will not lock instead it just sets the alarm off and lights flash just for a few seconds, I have changed the battery and tried re-programing but it still happens, all help greatly accepted.

Tony

Old 08-26-2015, 10:00 PM
Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Locking

Is the lite on above the shifter? Security system failure. Or
One of the doors isn't locking, hood switch not activated ( mine was disconnected by body shop).

I have an 02 xtype and I have problems locking the car with the central locking.
It opens okay but will not lock instead it just sets the alarm off and lights flash just for a few seconds, I have changed the battery and tried re-programing but it still happens, all help greatly accepted.

Tony[/QUOTE]

Old 08-27-2015, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by billbjork
Is the lite on above the shifter? Security system failure. Or
One of the doors isn't locking, hood switch not activated ( mine was disconnected by body shop).

Tony
[/QUOTE]

Hi Bill,

Light is off, checked all doors and they seem okay even when i lock it with the key it beeps for a few seconds and lights flash but it locks any other ideas welcome thanks Bill

Old 08-27-2015, 03:26 PM
Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

the doors physically lock but incensing circuit( microswitch) isn't triggered. Try opening EACH door,one at a time and to see if the info on the dash(by odometer) tells you it is open. My car won't lock if it says a door is open. Check the switch for the hood(bonnet)( by drivers shock tower/coolant bottle.(USA models) Is the trunk( boot) latching? fold down (one of the rear seats) and see if the lite is out OR comes on when open(check the bulb) if not coming on at all.
The dash should tell you if a door is open and the circuit is active.If it is a broken wire I would suspect the most used door.(slamming the doors constantly will break a connection).
The window motor connect broke on my PT cruzer from just that twice.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by billbjork
the doors physically lock but incensing circuit( microswitch) isn't triggered. Try opening EACH door,one at a time and to see if the info on the dash(by odometer) tells you it is open. My car won't lock if it says a door is open. Check the switch for the hood(bonnet)( by drivers shock tower/coolant bottle.(USA models) Is the trunk( boot) latching? fold down (one of the rear seats) and see if the lite is out OR comes on when open(check the bulb) if not coming on at all.
The dash should tell you if a door is open and the circuit is active.If it is a broken wire I would suspect the most used door.(slamming the doors constantly will break a connection).
The window motor connect broke on my PT cruzer from just that twice.
Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for your help, I went through all your suggestions and bingo you have cracked it for me, it was the bonnet(hood) not connecting I hopefully have fixed that now as it seems everything is working.
Once again Bill thank you very much stress over now.

Tony