X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couldn't take it anymore

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couldn't take it anymore

Well the never ending electrical gremlins in our X-type finally got the best of me. It lastly started to radomly have different dash light lit up when the car wasn't running and twice now wouldn't start until I unhooked the battery and hooked it back up. It's my wifes primary car and she works the graveyard shift. I couldn't risk it doing something stupid when she was going to or coming home from work, so to the dealership it went. Bought a new Jeep Commander and really like it. Thanks for the help and info you guys provided.

Cam

Old 12-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Couldn't take it anymore

ORIGINAL: bojangles

they took it as a trade in?
I am jealous your misery is over..
It was running when I traded it and that's all that matters!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why don't you trade your in bo? Or get rid of it? I would have a mere 100,000 miles ago!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The one good thing about me buying my car with 78k miles is that all the gremlins were fixed, and even an new engine was installed a while back. Sure I had to get a clutch job, but hell I've only put in 12.5k including the purchase price in the car, and won't have to do anything other than scheduled maintenance for a while it seems.

The few gremlins that I had, I fixed within 24 hours of me getting the car. (Rattling vents = super glue, Squeaky seats = WD40, replaced the driver door speaker...That's it!

I'm sorry that your X gave you hell, but I'm in it for at least another 3 years. If I spend over 17k total, then I'll start to worry. But I doubt I'll put another 5k into this car.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpartanX

But I doubt I'll put another 5k into this car.
Knocking on wood for you pal.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I think I will gonna knock on aluminum trim soon for ya as well

Old 12-18-2007, 01:13 PM

Many of my problems are due to corrosion and my car has has average winter use.
Which is why I don't have any corrosion problems. I live in the hot humid southeast, so it doesn't get the winter abuse that some of you guys get up north.

The X-Type is a fun car in the Sport trim with a manual, even in places that don't have a brutal winter season. I've taken this car through fun twisty mountain roads and it was a blast. However, I would never buy an autobox premium model and be happy about paying the note on it.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

See I don't have to worry about that because I will for sure sell my car before I get too much further...How many miles were on the car bo? I bought my 02 last year for 13,??? with 54k miles fully loaded except the cold weather package and premium with navi...other than that mines a sport with everything else...I hope you didn't pay 16k for a car that had 100k miles or anywhere near that many miles...I pray that you put all of those miles on the car! I guess I consider myself blessed as I haven't had too many problems or problems that have cleaned my wallet out...oh wait no money to clear out!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member

Give it time you'll find something else to biatch about...wow questioning someone's manhood...thats amazing...I guess expected from you anymore though...how old or young should i ask are you? Reasoning for automatic is the wife...and whats the sense in getting a luxury car with a stick shift? Logic rings loud and clear considering they cancelled stick as an option did they not? Actually I've found 3.0 sports for right around what I paid but not with the mileage even you got on yours...I've posted many even the red one that you love so much...just curious are you even married? My guess is with an attitude like yours probably not...

Another funny thing is that when someone responds without any attacking you for some reason you always attack...are you a sad lonely old man or what?

Old 12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, man don't really know what to say here. have put 5k miles on my 02 x w/everything but nav and cd changer, paid $13k w just under 55k miles. not a single issue, knock wood! I remember my mother buying a brand new buick in 1976, had every option on it... 3 months later it literally burned to the ground from an electrical short, have many freinds who do nothing but put gas in car and oil when the oil light comes on and put 150k to 200k in mileage with constant abuse, this is not the place to put other jag owners to task over there choice in cars, i'm here because i love british vehicles, yes there is some credence to there unusual make up sometimes but to just put someone on blast for owning a car you don't like is all rather sour grapes and I feel truly sorry for you... Merry Xmas, Bill

Old 12-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  7.4 KB

02 2.5 Sport here commin up for 5 years old, bought as a four year old with 16k miles ( barely run in )
Now sitting at 27k and no real issues thus far other than the usual maintenance, drivers door handle and pop up vents. The ABS light has just come on and the engine management light has come on intermittently recently.........lookin into those as we speak. Still a great car and I'd never call it down like some do and still own the car..........Itd be gone gone gone if I felt that bad about it!

Jim

Old 12-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member

Word homie! Thats what I'm saying!

Old 12-19-2007, 11:59 PM

ORIGINAL: JimC64

02 2.5 Sport here commin up for 5 years old, bought as a four year old with 16k miles ( barely run in )
Now sitting at 27k and no real issues thus far other than the usual maintenance, drivers door handle and pop up vents. The ABS light has just come on and the engine management light has come on intermittently recently.........lookin into those as we speak. Still a great car and I'd never call it down like some do and still own the car..........Itd be gone gone gone if I felt that bad about it!

Jim
02 2.5 Sport 5 Speed and I wouldn't trade this car for anything. It's different and being that my car is one of <=5 Sport Models in the city, it stands out like no other.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member

Shoot I'm hard pressed to see a single mate for my sport

Old 12-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

ROTFLMAO

You guys crack me up...but I side with bo on this one. It's true, we often forget the principles of the English language, and I understand where you're coming from. It's just that sometimes you come across a bit crass man. Something that is often overlooked is that this is a global forum and not everyone here is keen on the English language, so loosen up a bit pal. I don't agree with the sports sedan part only...it's still a luxury car that got a terribly bad rep as did the S-type, XK and XJ. Are those sport sedans as well? The whole woman driving sticks part was hilarious. Unfortunately, I've fed into that pitiful part of the American society. I haven't had enough patience to actually teach my wife to drive stick, probably because I know she doesn't really want to. Why force something on her that she doesn't want to do. Almost crashed my car the first time I tried teaching her too. Not risking that again.

Quick Reply: Couldn't take it anymore