X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple problems with my 03. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default A couple problems with my 03. Please help

Hey fourm. I just have a couple of small questions to ask about my 03 x. I hated the yellow old looking color of the light bulbs that are in the car so I decided to change them. I bought the light blue tinted bulbs for the projectors and got them in fine. The only problem is, i cannot seem to find out what kind of bulb goes into the low beam. Also when trying to take out the low beam bulb I have absolutly no room to get my hands in there to work. I unplugged the batteryso I could have better access to the head light assembly. Before disconnecting the battery my windows would go up and done by just hitting the window buttons once. Now They will only go down with the one touch and not up. Does anybody know how to get it back to how I used to have it?
Also While fumbling around trying to take out the low beam bulb I must have pulled to hard because I pulled the inner lamp assembly loose of the main headlight assmbly. Its now all loose inside and I cannot get it to be tight agian.
Is there a way I can fix these problems??

Thanks to all!

Old 08-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A couple problems with my 03. Please help

no idea on the bulb help. EVERYONE has complained about replacing headlight bulbs.

as far as the windows, that is an easy fix. start your car and sit in it. using the driver's side controls open each window, hold a window button down and keep it down for 3-5 secs after the window is open. then, hold the button up and close the window and keep the button up for 3-5 secs after the window is closed. repeat for each window (and sunroof if it applies).

Old 08-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey scuba.........on the bulbs......As nineball says, everyone but everyone has had issues on that front and changed them out I believe, me being one of them.
They should all be H1's if I remember rightly and a real royal pain in the *** to do too.
nineballs sorted your window problem so its all good

good luck

Jim

Old 08-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I actually find the lowbeams quite easy to change, the only hard part is putting the cover back on properly, takes a few attempts. about the loose light assembly, i cant help you with that, u mite want to wait on a reply from one of the techs on here, or ask ure dealer

Old 08-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you replace the low beam bulbs, I would recommend HID's. I tried a bunch of different light bulbs and they all blew rather quickly. There must be something with the X-type putting too much voltage to the aftermarket bulbs. Since I put HID's in I've had zero problems and plenty of light.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

they blow cuz they arecrap.. real HID is the way to go... loose assembly.. never tried to fix them just replace them ... if you want to try to fix it your gonna have to take the assembly out... re-re bumper. to try to attempt to fix it.. what side is it ? i have one for sale .. brand new in the box...
good luck....

Old 08-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dbl post!!!

Old 08-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My headlights are the same way scuba...are you talking about the cover or the whole entire inside...if your talking about the inside mine has the same problem...its no big deal though...as others have stated without buying true hids or getting the regular halogen bulb you will have nothing but problems. The filament/coil inside the bulbs are thinner than the stock halogens in the x. I haven't had a problem with the set of silverstars I have in my fog but for whatever reason the low beams will blow until you get the stock sylvania's in... Once you figure out how to manuever inside there the bulbs aren't too bad....I replaced mine at least 5 times because I tried every bulb out there but they all blew...make sure though you get the rear cover back on properly as condensation will leak into the headlamp unit itself and make an easy job into a nightmare....make sure you change them when you are able to see with plenty of light!