X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crutchfield X type kits- everything I need??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 552 Likes on 377 Posts
Default Crutchfield X type kits- everything I need??

Hello everyone-

I am on a waiting list on Crutchfield for an Alpine ILX-107 double din that I am getting along with a back up camera and steering wheel control interface. Crutchfield sends you the complimentary kit with face plate and adaptors which I assume make installation basic plug and play. Will there be anything else I need or does Crutchfield pretty much send everything out-

If anyone has bought their aftermarket units from Crutchfield , please let me know.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

I can't help you on the radio, but it sounds like you decided to forgo buying a new throttle body for your new car. Good luck! I hope it all works out for you.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Alfadude
I can't help you on the radio, but it sounds like you decided to forgo buying a new throttle body for your new car. Good luck! I hope it all works out for you.
Thanks. Hopefully the throttlebody is in good shape for at least a while. I just really want AppleCarplay in my car. I don't like newer car styling but I definitely like the newer entertainment systems

Old 06-18-2017, 07:09 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Have not bought anything YET for the XType from Crutchfield but have replaced factory DDins for a Ford Explorer and a Toyota Highlander from Crutchfield and their kits that supported the purchases were great fit and finish. They were both Metra branded components and the instructions were spot on. I have to think if you used the guidance on Crutchfield site to select all the options you wanted then it will be all you will need if it's like my two experiences. I am thinking about getting a DVD style unit for the XType and likely get it from Crutchfield based on my experiences. The connections that you plan to make to the wiring harness are up to you of course as the ends will either need to be soldered or use a quality connector designed for car audio. That's about all you would need except the kit you buy from Crutchfield.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RobinGa
Have not bought anything YET for the XType from Crutchfield but have replaced factory DDins for a Ford Explorer and a Toyota Highlander from Crutchfield and their kits that supported the purchases were great fit and finish. They were both Metra branded components and the instructions were spot on. I have to think if you used the guidance on Crutchfield site to select all the options you wanted then it will be all you will need if it's like my two experiences. I am thinking about getting a DVD style unit for the XType and likely get it from Crutchfield based on my experiences. The connections that you plan to make to the wiring harness are up to you of course as the ends will either need to be soldered or use a quality connector designed for car audio. That's about all you would need except the kit you buy from Crutchfield.
Thanks. I hope it all works out. I installed single dins Alpines from Crutchfield in my other Jags but those are easy and basic to work with. There are things I really don't understand about a head unit installation on the X like for example if the factory amp will still be used with the new HU or how the fiber optic cables affect installation

Old 06-18-2017, 10:18 AM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Spikepaga, can you post a picture of every things in the kits, and let us know how it work when you done?

Old 06-20-2017, 06:47 AM
Veteran Member

I will take pictures of everything I get.

My Alpine unit (ILX-107) is still on pre-order , but I think they already shipped the kit,
steering wheel control adapter and the backup camera. Hopefully it gets released pretty quick by
Alpine.