X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doing the job Right now!!!! My cats hungry

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking Doing the job Right now!!!! My cats hungry

With the problems I've been having with my P0174 & P0171 codes. I am pulling my intake and doing the o-rings, back plugs, new filter and just checking things out. But I needed to share this with everyone, we live in the mountains of northest Pa., we have a cat and two dogs. As I got the intake off the top of the engine, I looked down below the fuel injection line, and what to my wondering eyes should I see? Now this is what we use to call the valley pan area, I spot cat food packed down there, now I know my Jaguar cat don't eat cat food, I put enough high test gas in her for a fact. we must have a mouse that when I bring the big cat in, it's stuffing the engine full of cat food.....LOL And I wonder why my car isn't running right, I wonder where else this mouse packing food.....LOL

Old 12-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Too funny, I had a 65 Grand Prix, mint, 421 tri power, went like stink. I pulled the air cleaner and there was a nest in there, carb barrels full of chewed paper air filter. Sucked it all out, fired it up and it was fine except the dash guages weren't working and there was a funny noise from the glove box.

A whole freaking family of rats had moved in, chewed the crap out of my insurance papers, chewed a hole through to the back of the glove box, into the wiring harness. Took forever to get it all back to working condition but until the day I sold it I was always a bit antsy opening the damn glove box.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:13 PM

When I first moved up here I had a 91 cat deville. I had 2 different dogs then now. I use to keep the dog food on the basement steps, I went to change the air filter one day and the hole air filter compartment was full of dog food. But you would think with having a cat the mice wouldn't come in the house, but they still do. By the way Sidewalkman, I just finished doing the Jag, I put the o-rings in, the rear plugs which were shot, and new intake o-rings. She's running nice and smooth like always, I have to wait till my wife gets home, just in case something happens, only cause my 12 year old is home and if I get stuck out on the road for some reason she would be here alone. But she's running nice and hopefully I took care of the problem. Thanks for all your help putting me back on track.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Good to hear. I think I am lucky, I've had the gammit of gearbox fault and moisture issues but have dodged (knock on wood) the vacuum leaks so far. This summer I'll do the o rings and change the plugs. What plugs did you end up using?

Old 12-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Default Took it for a ride

It's running really good no codes or lights, I only put about 15 miles on it. Only one issue the outside temp is reading 103 degrees and it never worked since I owned the car anyway, it was always off about 9 degrees of what the real temp was outside. It still doesn't seem to be any issue with running the heat, and no idea about the A/C until next summer. But if anyone knows of anything I might have moved or loosened, I'm up for any information.
Sidewalkman, I put autolight plugs in it, when I went to Autozone they had the best price on the plugs, I'm not a big fan of them, but I'll see how they do, they can't be any worse than any of the other plugs out there...LOL