X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC System Fault & Gearbox Fault

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation DSC System Fault & Gearbox Fault

I have been having issues for about 4 months where when I am accelerating hard, the engine over-revs and I get an amber light and a "Gearbox Fault". All other aspects of the car seem to still perform fine afterwards. Today for the first time, I noticed a strange "shimmying" when I depressed the brakes going down a hill, and then a "DSC System Fault" message appeared, along with the ABS light. After arriving at my destination and turning the car off for a couple hours, when I started the engine back up, I received a "DSC System Fault, a "Gearbox Fault" and the check engine icon was lit (amber) along with the ABS icon. The red "Brake" light was also lit. The car seemed to run okay but it seemed like it wouldn't switch gears - I think it was stuck in 3rd gear because it started off very slowly and revved to about 3k rpm in order tot reach a speed of about 45mph - although I'm not sure how fast I was traveling because the speedometer wouldn't work either. In some threads it appears that this could be a problem with the battery but my battery is less than 2 years old, so I can't imagine that's the issue. Some other posts have suggested it's a problem with the throttle box. I don't want to spend money on parts if I don't need them. Anyone have any ideas?

The following users liked this post:
jahlenin (01-06-2023)
Old 09-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Received 6,250 Likes on 5,450 Posts

Originally Posted by GKeeler
Anyone have any ideas?
They might but you are going to have to tell us what model you have.

Don't forget the intro in the new members section!

Old 09-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry - I thought my vehicle information would show up from my profile. I drive (or would like to be able to drive) a 2002 X-Type Sport 2.5. Thanks!

Norri (09-04-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 07:23 AM
GGG
Received 16,792 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

I've moved this thread from General Tech Help section to X-Type section. Members here with the same model will be able to offer advice.

Don't forget Norri's hint about an Intro.

Graham

Norri (09-04-2013)
Old 01-06-2023, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GKeeler
I have been having issues for about 4 months where when I am accelerating hard, the engine over-revs and I get an amber light and a "Gearbox Fault". All other aspects of the car seem to still perform fine afterwards. Today for the first time, I noticed a strange "shimmying" when I depressed the brakes going down a hill, and then a "DSC System Fault" message appeared, along with the ABS light. After arriving at my destination and turning the car off for a couple hours, when I started the engine back up, I received a "DSC System Fault, a "Gearbox Fault" and the check engine icon was lit (amber) along with the ABS icon. The red "Brake" light was also lit. The car seemed to run okay but it seemed like it wouldn't switch gears - I think it was stuck in 3rd gear because it started off very slowly and revved to about 3k rpm in order tot reach a speed of about 45mph - although I'm not sure how fast I was traveling because the speedometer wouldn't work either. In some threads it appears that this could be a problem with the battery but my battery is less than 2 years old, so I can't imagine that's the issue. Some other posts have suggested it's a problem with the throttle box. I don't want to spend money on parts if I don't need them. Anyone have any ideas?
@GKeeler Is it finally solved?