X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Dual" dvd-nav.-mp3...need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 02:45 AM
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "Dual" dvd-nav.-mp3...need help

hi guys , I want to add this dvd,nav. to my car. Please, I need some help with the instalation on the dashboard. Has anybody tried this before with this kind of "Dual" thing and where can I find that plastic lining or whatever to install around "Dual" dvd.
Thanks guys,
Tony

Attached Thumbnails "Dual" dvd-nav.-mp3...need help-xdvdn9131.jpg   "Dual" dvd-nav.-mp3...need help-xdvdn9131ca6nn9u7.jpg   "Dual" dvd-nav.-mp3...need help-dvd.jpg  
Old 08-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly wouldn't go with that bra nd. It's just my preference but I used to work at Best Buy where Dual was sold daily. We used to get unreasonable amounts of returns and swaps due to defective equipment.

Also, it sounds like the piece you are referring to is the dash kit. Do some research in this forum and you'll find a few posts on this part and a radio install. In my opinion, the dash kits made for the X-Type are not all that nice looking and definately take away from the cleanliness of the dash.

If you find a dash kit that you are pleased with, you'll also need an antenna adapter to hook up an aftermarket radio. The antenna adapter you can find online for less than $10.

I've been MECP certified and installing vehicle electronics for nearly 8 years now and I'm not going to lie, when I take the dash apart in my X-Type I get a little nervous. You just have to be super careful and take your time. If you haven't worked on vehicles all that much, it might be worth taking it in after you've gathered all the necessary equipment.

AGAIN, this is all just my opinion. I hope maybe one or 2 things might help ya out. Reply if you have any questions though.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was thinking of installing a nav system. My radio mute keeps coming on and I am ready to tear the radio out and stomp on it. Keep us informed.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by wolv2401
I honestly wouldn't go with that bra nd. It's just my preference but I used to work at Best Buy where Dual was sold daily. We used to get unreasonable amounts of returns and swaps due to defective equipment.

Also, it sounds like the piece you are referring to is the dash kit. Do some research in this forum and you'll find a few posts on this part and a radio install. In my opinion, the dash kits made for the X-Type are not all that nice looking and definately take away from the cleanliness of the dash.

If you find a dash kit that you are pleased with, you'll also need an antenna adapter to hook up an aftermarket radio. The antenna adapter you can find online for less than $10.

I've been MECP certified and installing vehicle electronics for nearly 8 years now and I'm not going to lie, when I take the dash apart in my X-Type I get a little nervous. You just have to be super careful and take your time. If you haven't worked on vehicles all that much, it might be worth taking it in after you've gathered all the necessary equipment.

AGAIN, this is all just my opinion. I hope maybe one or 2 things might help ya out. Reply if you have any questions though.

Thanks man

Old 08-08-2010, 10:48 PM

No problem, post any other questions or let me know if you need part numbers for the dash kit or antenna adapters.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 PM

hi my friend, I bought a corvette and I was thinking about putting something like what you have on that pictue into my corvette. Please, I dont want to spend way too much money, up to about $500-$550 at most. What do you think about the
JENSEN or the SOUNDSTREAM or some other DUAL for my car. Thanks for sticking with me and helping me out.
Thanks,
Tony

P.S. I will need something that wont require me to have an extra attachment for the bluetooth, then an extra for navigation, etc. And then the radion that costs $400, with+++ comes up $650. HAHAHA

Attached Thumbnails "Dual" dvd-nav.-mp3...need help-1676174731.jpg   "Dual" dvd-nav.-mp3...need help-1676174559.jpg   "Dual" dvd-nav.-mp3...need help-ferretti01.jpg  

Last edited by tony; 08-09-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:14 PM

Thants nearly the same unit i had in my x-type it may actually be the same. I lovrd it for the price its unbeatable. never gave me an issue i have had it for 2 years. I just pulled it out and put it in my new tahoe and sold my x-type. the entire installation kit is for sale in the "for sale" section i listed it a couple days ago. it contains EVERYTHING NEEDED to install your new head unit.