X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy to swap to heated seat?

Old 04-21-2016, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Easy to swap to heated seat?

I noticed my driver seat is showing signs of age.
If i wanted to upgrade to a heated seat, how practical would that be?

Old 04-22-2016, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Jaguar loves to leave unused connectors hanging around the car. I have the heated seats and have had to work on the seat belts before so i have had the seat out and the connector under the seat apart. The seats themselves will probably be a plug and play since the main connector has all of the wiring already in place.
The problem will be the controls for the seats. The connector for the heated seats will be there but the switches are not in place on the center dash area.
I will try to post a picture of the dash area later today. You would need the trim, switches and brackets from the donor car to make it all work and possibly the relay if applicable. I would have to look at the wiring diagram to see if it uses a relay and where it would be located.
Dr Dome could probably fix you up with the components.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by avern1
Jaguar loves to leave unused connectors hanging around the car. I have the heated seats and have had to work on the seat belts before so i have had the seat out and the connector under the seat apart. The seats themselves will probably be a plug and play since the main connector has all of the wiring already in place.
The problem will be the controls for the seats. The connector for the heated seats will be there but the switches are not in place on the center dash area.
I will try to post a picture of the dash area later today. You would need the trim, switches and brackets from the donor car to make it all work and possibly the relay if applicable. I would have to look at the wiring diagram to see if it uses a relay and where it would be located.
Dr Dome could probably fix you up with the components.
As long as its all plug n play it would b worth doing, i have no problem replacing dash controls.
A pic would be nice, ive never seen the switches or where they are located.
Has anyone here done the swap?