Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everything in 3s

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Everything in 3s

So likely you read of my mysterious no code, gearbox, DSC and engine system failures, I seem to have fixed tat with a new battery.

My X5 then pops a CEL and has 9 lean codes, turns out to be a cracked rubber intake and the intake extender (thing in the plenum with a butterfly flap that increases the air at higher RPM to deal with lag.

Then I go to the Jagon a week ago and right front tire is flat, I pump it with the compressor and jack it up to roll it around looking for a nail or something. I hear air from the inside side wall, pull the wheel off and the inside corner of the tread is missing, about 3/4" right on the top inside of the tread, even wear everywhere else, car doesn't pull, steering is straight, I swap the rear wheel on to see if it's rubbing someplace and it's fine but it doesn't look like wear because all the way around it's right down to the cords in that spot. Looks like it rubbed off the tread, weird right.

Of course since my tires are all good tread I am order 2, swap the rears up and put 2 new on the back, and I have Lexani N3000s 225 40 18, do you think I can find them locally? Of course not, not even in Canada, some place in CA has them and says they can ship fast to my WA address, great, order them...cheap 132.00 ea. great....6 days later they haven't shipped, today I call, and they're shipping today from FL. 5 business days, unbelievable, fast shipping....not. If anyone wants to avoid going to the same place meassage me and I'll tell you who it was. Bujt next week I'm figuring the Jagon will be 100% again, it has been a while.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have to admit. I saw an x type wagon a couple of days ago and it does look pretty good. Even better in real life! I wonder why they didn't sell more.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shortly after I got my X about a year ago I found the inside edge of the right front tire was worn down to the cords as you described but only about 1/2 the way around the tire. I still haven't figured out what happened to the tire but if you figure out what happened to yours I would definately be interested.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by dstolp
Shortly after I got my X about a year ago I found the inside edge of the right front tire was worn down to the cords as you described but only about 1/2 the way around the tire. I still haven't figured out what happened to the tire but if you figure out what happened to yours I would definately be interested.
Exactly the same as my tire, 3/4 of the way around it was toast, the rest was OK.

I replaced the tires, took it straight in for a wheel alignment. The checked all the ball joints, A arms etc and said it was all tight and straight. That was a sigh of relief.

BUT the alignment was a way out, front right bad, both bakc were really off, I never really noticed andything, didn't pull or anything but after getting it all put into spec (111.00 cheap) I noticed the car drove 100 percent better. They said a combination of all the alignment was causing the tire damage. left turns was scrubbing off the tire.