X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Focus ST coilovers on a x type???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus ST coilovers on a x type???

I have been looking at the focus st coilovers for a little bit now and I noticed that the st coilovers look exactly the same as the stock suspension for an x type. Anyone know if these coilovers would work on the x type??

Old 06-20-2017, 08:11 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Pizza, this may be one of those things that you are going to need to blaze the trail and buy a set and see if they bolt up. It is going to require a lot of cross referencing to just look at paper and see if they will fit. That is what I had to do when I did the adjustable rear arm upgrade.

Old 06-20-2017, 08:59 AM
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizzaxgenius
I have been looking at the focus st coilovers for a little bit now and I noticed that the st coilovers look exactly the same as the stock suspension for an x type. Anyone know if these coilovers would work on the x type??
I have also been thinking the same thing and I'm buddies with a dude who just went from coilovers to bags on his st and is going to let me take measurements before I buy them. I know the back springs fit because of another forum member used modified focus rear arms(original focus perch size) and his x type coilover rear springs fit the focus perch size perfectly. I'll be getting these measurements either tonight or tomorrow night and I can let you know. If so, the coilover world for x types just got a lit broader and a lot cheaper.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi im interested to find out the results of this? Whether they will fit or not? If you managed to go any further with your idea?
​​​​​​ive also been looking for a lower cost coilover solution

Old 12-26-2017, 10:55 PM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

What year of the Focus?

Old 01-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Not downing the idea, but why would you want parts on your x off the most inexpensive car Ford makes? And would they not be rated at least 500 pounds less than the x would need?

Old 01-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by innzane
Not downing the idea, but why would you want parts on your x off the most inexpensive car Ford makes? And would they not be rated at least 500 pounds less than the x would need?
Not sure if the ST is the most inexpensive car Ford makes...the ST is still substantially more powerful than the X-Type and is less than 300 pounds different in weight. The ST is hardly a grocery-getter...not an RS but still holds its own, spec-wise. Ford was smart enough at one time to ONLY offer it in a manual transmission.

Don't know if they will fit or not, but if OP went for it, it provides a potential option to components currently marketed for the X-Type.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I meant the focus is the cheapest. Only 300 lbs is surprising, it's less than that says google, amazing how much an aluminum body saves.
My breaker yard sells them all for the same price, I remove kinda yard. LKQ
OP? What happened to yours? Just wore out?
I can measure and give an opinion next time I am there. Certain years?