X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Mondeo Coilovers on Jaguar X-Type

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 09:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford focus/mondeo or volvo s40 coilovers on jaguar xtype?

Recently read on here that volvo s40 upper control arms will work on an x type. With that in mind couldn't I use other suspension components off an s40 such as coilovers? Or maybe off of cars that run nearly identical setups?

I understand this may be a stretch, but options for x type suspension are very slim and if components work off another easier vehicle that would male everything easier.

Hopefully someone on here has morw knowledge and can tell me if I'm crazy or not haha

Last edited by AndrewG; 11-28-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 350 Posts

Some parts that are dimensionally the same can be shared between the X Type and the Mondeo, but there are not as many of them as some would like!

In particular, springs and shock absorbers are very to specific to particular models within any manufacturers range, so for the X Type there are different springs and shocks for the standard sedan, the sports version and the estate version; also for diesel or petrol and FWD or AWD. Then there are many of those variations for the Mondeo.

I think you'd find it difficult to be sure that whichever Mondeo spring/shockers you bought would be right for whichever X Type you have, regardless of them maybe being dimensionally correct.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:01 PM
Received 149 Likes on 138 Posts

For the most part, the front looks like a Mondeo, the rear suspension looks like an S40.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 350 Posts

Note, the X Type sedan rear suspension is based on the Mondeo estate car, not the Mondeo sedan!