Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar NAV flashing screen

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 08:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Jaguar NAV flashing screen

Hey Everyone,

I have just bought a nice X-Type from 2001, Executive with the Nav-screen and the Climate controls on the screen.
The screen flashes, and the right speaker doesn't work... It is especially annoying driving in dark.
I searched a lot online, found it could be the BT module, didn't found it, but I tried disconnecting the Motorola Voice-Phone module... No success...
Also tried to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes, still flashing.
I read also i could try to unstuck the laser from the Denso NAV-DVD unit, no success either. I just ordered a spare Denso, but would this fix the problem?

When the screen is flashing, i can input some stuff, so the touchscreen still works, but after 3 seconds the screen goes off again, then on again, continously. Sometimes I see the Jaguar logo... Really frustrating...

Hope somebody can put me on the right track!

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Arno

Will replacing the NAV-DVD unit from Denso fix the issue? Or do I have to look anywhere else?

Old 11-29-2017, 03:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts
Old 11-29-2017, 03:28 AM
Veteran Member
The following users liked this post:
Arno De Pachter (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 03:28 AM
Veteran Member

On mine, nav failed. I ejected disc, reinserted and VOILA!

Old 11-29-2017, 04:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all: THANK you for your reply! Really appreciated!

Well, I work in IT, so I searched for EVERYTHING on Google, couldn't find anything. For future reference: when your Screen is Flashing BUT functional, your Denso is broken. I replaced mine today. I opened up the old Denso and couldn't find anything strange, except it was taking 12Volts, but not delivering the full current needed to power the motherboard. Reflowing didn't help. That is the reason it flashed: it rebooted constantly. When it was booted up, you could do 3 seconds stuff with the screen, but then turned off again. I suspect a broken capacitor, but my replacement unit only had cost me 40€ (and arrived 1 hour ago!!) so I just replaced it and didn't bother to check the old one...

One problem still persists: my right speakers sound strange. I checked the door connectors couldn't find a thing, my Right Back speaker only outputs bass-sound and my front right one doesn't do anything. I don't know if i have the Alpine stuff, car is dutch, but I don't know where to look for.

Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-29-2017, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 392 Likes on 289 Posts

9 times out of 10 there blown or ready to go