Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight bulb (right) replacement - very hard

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight bulb (right) replacement - very hard

X-Type 2.2 D 2006

I have to replace the right headlight bulb but I find roughtly impossible to move or extract the plastic cover. This is because I have headlight washer so the vertical rubber tube (pipe or hose) cannot permit the cover to be moved enough to access to the bulb in order to extract the old ione and insert the new one. I tried a long long long but I'm not able. I tought to remove the headlight washer but the two screws are very recessed and hard to unscrew. And the rubber tube is quite hard to remove because the rubber is quite resistant.
Any ideas? Somebody tried before me and was successful?

Old 11-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I post the very usefull suggestion from Akatsuki in jaguarforum.com:

The bulbs are easy to change. Left side you remove battery and tray if you need more room. Right side you lift the clip on the washer hose and it separates, tuck both parts of the pipe out the way, the clip nearest to the radiator you can release from the cover easily, the one on the side closest to the wing you release with a screwdriver there's a gap between the wing and the plate above the headlamp big enough to do so. Reach in, pull cover off and twist it shallow end first to remove it and change the bulb.

And my answer :

Done, thanks to Akatsuki suggestion. The trick is the C plastic clip to be removed in order to separate the vertical rubber tube from the washer body. Than the vertical tube can be moved back and up in order to make space for the plastic cover to be moved away and reach the bulb. Without that suggestion I would never understant that there was that C plastic clip. Thanks again.