X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headrest DVD Install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headrest DVD Install?

I looking to install some headrest screen/dvd units in my x-type. I was wondering how do I get the seat back cover off the front seats?

Old 01-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^You dont. You basically run the wire down into the seats and out the bottom. I did this mod this past weekend and I love them....I have an aftermarket radio and I connected them together with the radio so all screens show the same thing..awesome. If I can help you let me know. There is a member on this forum who is an expert and he helped me, I'm sure he will chime in if we get stuck!! Should be no problem though, pretty straight forward...

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (01-05-2012)
Old 01-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Old 01-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Default Fishing the cables

@nycxtype Thanks! Glad to hear it wasn't too hard. If you didn't loosen the leather/fabric of the seat, how did you fish the cables to the bottom of the seat? It looks pretty snug.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:08 PM

Sorry took long to respond....the bottom of the seat comes apart and when it does, you can put your arm up inside and guide down the monitor wires...are you getting the monitors from Nalley Jag? They are great!...and real Jaguar parts so they look "oem" when installed....nice. The price and service cant be beat..they come with some pretty basic instructions but you'll get it when you see it...if not well, thats what we're here for!!!

Old 01-06-2012, 06:26 PM

@nycxtype. Thanks. I guess I wasn't phrasing my original question properly. What you described is exactly what I am trying to do, I can't figure out how the bottom of the seat comes apart. I downloaded the Jaguar rear seat entertainment install pdf but I can't seem to undo the plastic hook?

I did e-mail Nalley w/ my VIN but they didn't write back. I expect that they are sold out?

Originally Posted by nycxtype
Sorry took long to respond....the bottom of the seat comes apart and when it does, you can put your arm up inside and guide down the monitor wires...are you getting the monitors from Nalley Jag? They are great!...and real Jaguar parts so they look "oem" when installed....nice. The price and service cant be beat..they come with some pretty basic instructions but you'll get it when you see it...if not well, thats what we're here for!!!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:12 AM

^^^^again so sorry for the delayed response....funny, David Tapia at Nalley was so helpful. If its not in the warehouse he will order it for you. Try e-mailing him directly... DTapia@nalleycars...tell him you're a forum member for the discount and tell him I sent ya!
Its a little hard to explain but since you know the part we're talking about I would say try carefully prying it out with a screwdriver...CAREFULLY!!! You simply have to pull the plastic part connected to the leather seat back off of that lip that holds it; no easy way around it...yeah, its a PITA. It comes off by pulling it down and towards you as you are facing the seat back. Clear? If not, let me know...

Old 01-09-2012, 03:12 PM

Thanks for the info. I fiddled a little with it the weekend, but I still can't seem to get it. I suppose I'm afraid of breaking something. I'll have to redouble my efforts and try again.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

A little off topic but I had ordered the rear seat DVD system from Nelley (great guys), but I ended up returning them for the following reasons:

1. The color was slightly off

2. The screen resolution is very low (half the DVD resolution)

3. You still need to connect a DVD player so it isn't truly a wireless solution.

I just think the trend going forward will be for people to use Tablets in the back seat for entertainment. There are lots of elegant mounting solutions available that look good.

Just a thought....

Old 01-11-2012, 09:16 AM

I would love to see some pictures of how this turned out or pics from others who are running similar set ups.