Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat/AC Flashing Control Panel

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 03:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Heat/AC Flashing Control Panel

Hello everyone;
i hope that you are all well! My 02 X Type Heating/AC Control Panel started FLASHING today! This has never happened before. The heat and controls are still working, just the annoying FLASHING fan speed, temperature, etc... We have had a lot of rain for most of the last 3 days now. I'm wondering if it's just a moisture issue in the electrical or if the panel itself is beginning to fail? Your input as always, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much for your time and opinions! Cheers

Old 01-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Check out the link listed below. Water intrusion is sometimes a problem. It is worth checking out. The ACCM panels communications with the ECM.
Also, a weak battery will cause all kinds of gremlins with a Cat. Make sure the battery is in good condition and that the terminals are clean and tight.
Corroded cables will also affect the voltage being delivered. Check where the cables non insulated areas are exposed.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...isture-150361/

Last edited by avern1; 01-12-2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: correction
Old 01-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thank you!

Hello; Sounds like you are right on the money! I had a loose battery cable 6 weeks ago. I'll have to clean both posts and tighten the clamps well. I'll also check the exposed wire on the cables! Thank you for your A1 diagnosis, I appreciate the support and help Avern1 that I always get from everyone at Jaguarforums. You are THE BEST!