Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater Control Panel not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Control Panel not working

Hi,
I traded in my Ford Explorer for a Jaguar X Type 2001 2.5i and did not notice until I got home that the control panel is not working for the heating, any suggestions please as it is a cold time of year to be without it lol.

The car keeps taking me hostage and screaming at me - ie not letting me out and the alarm goes off !! The key fob I use has a mind of its own.

I was advised that the driver side wheel bearing needing replacing but having done that I now find out it's the propshaft bearing, is this common ?

Needs both tie bars replacing at the back, apart from these little annoying noisy faults it's a nice car to drive lol.

It does make me wonder if the last owner actually looked after the car !!.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,824 Likes on 3,143 Posts

Donna, the prop shaft bearing is not uncommon for it to need replacing. Atleast for the moment, you may want to try talking to a shop and see if they can grease the bearing for you. That will reduce a lot of the noise that it is making for the moment and also it will confirm the source of the noise that you are hearing.

As for the heater control panel, I would say to see if you can find a local auto wrecking yard and see what it would cost to get a new one. This should be something that you can take care of yourself. Swapping out the panel is pretty easy and requires nothing more than some basic tools.

As for the bars in the back, yes, those are known issues with the X-Type and with a little bit of work, should be able to get the car back on the road with minimal cost. Just for reference, you should only get charged about 0.5 hours per bar (1 hour total to get both bars installed). Super easy to pull and put in new. I wish you were closer to me, I would tell you to come on over and we would get you hooked up.

As for the security system giving you grief, not sure what to say about that. I would say to first get your battery looked at and see if that is causing your grief. The car is very sensitive to a weak battery and when the battery voltage moves a little bit, the computers will go haywire on you and cause all sorts of goofey things like you are seeing.

The following users liked this post:
donnamarie (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the advice, I will set about these jobs as soon as to give my ears a rest lol