X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Type 2002 - 3 questions please?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question X-Type 2002 - 3 questions please?

Has anyone run into, the heated seat not working on the drivers side of the 2002 X-Type?

It was not working originally but neither was the electric lift for the seat. So, my dealer ordered a different seat for me, being told that there was no gaurantee that the heat would work, but that the electric lift of the seat did which was more important to me.

But, when they installed the replacement seat, the heat worked on it for 2 days.

So, when I push the heat button, light comes on and goes right back off on the button and seat never heats. However the right side, button stays red and heat works just fine.

I think, it could be in the wiring behind the button. But I thought one of you might know if you experienced the problem.

2nd - Do you know what size tires go on the 2002 X-type. I know I can look at the tires, but, i'm ordering and the car is out in a parking lot. Just thought if you knew, i'd appreciate it.

last, my key - the electric part doesnt work. So, I replaced the battery, (still didnt work) saw something on the buttons (pepsi, corrosion or something) on the computer chip, used a q-tip and alcohol to clean those, and still no deal. (yes you can use alcohol on the metal button but not on the green area or any of the other parts of a computer chip - im in IT)

I did notice they had put the program number for the key in the area of the battery, so can a Ford Dealership program that key?

Thank you all for the answers in advance
Gin

Old 02-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

last, my key
First you should have TWO keys or you will have to pay a lot to get another key.
I did notice they had put the program number for the key in the area of the battery,
Is it in the form T32341 ? This is a Tibbe reference.
If so any decent locksmith or Ford dealer can cut a new blade on what ever sort of suitable Tibbe type key you wish.

Programming can be done at home if you have two working keys.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 100 Likes on 79 Posts

Hi Ginger
Can't help with the first two items but you can buy new remotes on Ebay and program them yourself. I did it.

1 Gather all the remotes you want to program.
2 Put the key in the ignition. Cycle to "On." Then, turn back one "click" and then turn back on again. You should do this four times, pretty rapidly.
3 You should hear a chime.
4 Remove the key. Press any button on the remote.
5 You'll hear a chime. This means that remote one is now programmed.
6 Press any button on any other remote you want to program, one remote at a time. Wait for the chime, then repeat with any other remotes you want to program. That's it.

Last edited by AlfaVeloce; 02-10-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: clarification
The following users liked this post:
lamoura (02-11-2013)
Old 02-09-2013, 09:46 AM

Thank you Larry!! I did it!! and it WORKS!

Old 02-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 100 Likes on 79 Posts

Ginger, you are welcome.

If the remote program info helped you, click on that button in the post above! (not this one, it's probably not linked to the post)

I found the tire sizes in the owner's manual. Looks like there were three wheel sizes available and so, of course, a tire size for each wheel size.
16 inch wheel: 205/55 R 16
17 inch: 225/45 R 17
18 inch: 225/40 R 18

So there was no way to tell which one you needed. You have to look and check the wheel size first.

Note I made a minor clarification to the remote programing. When I re-read it, it looked to me like I was saying to turn the key on and off 4 times between each remote and that's not necessary. The on/off routine puts the car in the learn mode. It will learn remotes until you run out of them to learn (probably some max number like 4, it was 4 maximum on my F-150 truck). After some set time (I don't recall how long) the learn mode ends. Pretty sure it comes out of learn mode when you turn the key back on.

Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
lamoura (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 AM

Hey Larry,
It's okay. I only had 1 remote but I understood what you were saying.

I broke down and went outside, found what I thought was the size and text the guy the size and asked "does this sound like a tire sizeZ?" LOL

It's okay. I don't mind being such a girl sometimes.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my car. Ran my daughter to her Dad's house in pouring rain last night, and I could feel it adjust instead of hydroplaining!!

Go Jag!