X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help: Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help: Heated Seats

Hello peeps, I have a 2002 Jaguar X Type. The seats do not have heated seats and I want to know; what can I do and how do I convert them to heated seats? Looking for step by step help out there. Thanks

Old 08-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Robbierob,

If you really want heated seats, you may want to consider buying used heated seats from a donor car (same year as yours if possible) at a scrap yard. I picked up 2 full function seats with lumbar & heat for $100/ea to put in my new (to me) 2002 X Type. They need a little reconditioning, but my old seats were low option and really trashed anyway. I am sure you could pick up pretty good seats for a decent price in Tx.

If you elect to replace the seats, there are many good threads on this forum on how to replace the seats (took me about 1 hr/seat). https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ted+seats+bolt

Your Jag cabin wiring harness already has all necessary electrical connections run to provide power to the heaters, (seat wiring harness & console harness). I saw some discussion that the wiring harness connectors changed sometime in mid-2004 so you may want to consider staying with 2002-2003 seats if you are going to replace the entire seat.......

If you want to keep your seats, I believe you will need to purchase the following;

1 - Seat heater elements w/harness (2) - around $65/ea, used
help: Heated Seats-heater_element.jpg

2 - Seat heater modules w/harness (2) - around $50/ea, used
help: Heated Seats-heater_module.jpg

3 - Three-way hazard/seat heater switch (1) - around $20, used
help: Heated Seats-heater_switch.jpg

You will need to strip the covers off each seat to install the heating elements. This a pretty involved process. Download Jag X Type workshop manual from internet for step by step instructions.

You can attach the module to the bottom of the seat. My factory installed module is attached to the front area of bottom cushion metal pan.

You will need to replace the single function hazard switch on the console with a 3-switch module for the hazard and seat heaters (See thread above).

Regardless of whether you replace the seats or upgrade your own seats, you will need to use the 3-switch hazard/seat heater switch on the console.

Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
jimborino (08-04-2014)
Old 08-04-2014, 01:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome thanks

Awesome thanks for the reply. I would rather switch out my seats instead of adding the heating elements.

Originally Posted by PanamaJag
Robbierob,

If you really want heated seats, you may want to consider buying used heated seats from a donor car (same year as yours if possible) at a scrap yard. I picked up 2 full function seats with lumbar & heat for $100/ea to put in my new (to me) 2002 X Type. They need a little reconditioning, but my old seats were low option and really trashed anyway. I am sure you could pick up pretty good seats for a decent price in Tx.

If you elect to replace the seats, there are many good threads on this forum on how to replace the seats (took me about 1 hr/seat). https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ted+seats+bolt

Your Jag cabin wiring harness already has all necessary electrical connections run to provide power to the heaters, (seat wiring harness & console harness). I saw some discussion that the wiring harness connectors changed sometime in mid-2004 so you may want to consider staying with 2002-2003 seats if you are going to replace the entire seat.......

If you want to keep your seats, I believe you will need to purchase the following;

1 - Seat heater elements w/harness (2) - around $65/ea, used
Attachment 92193

2 - Seat heater modules w/harness (2) - around $50/ea, used
Attachment 92194

3 - Three-way hazard/seat heater switch (1) - around $20, used
Attachment 92195

You will need to strip the covers off each seat to install the heating elements. This a pretty involved process. Download Jag X Type workshop manual from internet for step by step instructions.

You can attach the module to the bottom of the seat. My factory installed module is attached to the front area of bottom cushion metal pan.

You will need to replace the single function hazard switch on the console with a 3-switch module for the hazard and seat heaters (See thread above).

Regardless of whether you replace the seats or upgrade your own seats, you will need to use the 3-switch hazard/seat heater switch on the console.

Hope this helps.