X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Lost key and remote.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help! Lost key and remote.

I live near collinsville and edwardsville Illinois and we have misplaced (lost) the only flip key and remote we got with a used 2003 x-type that we purchased. Any advice on where to get reasonable replacements would be appreciated. If I have to go to a dealer it will have to be towed 40 miles and will cost 500 plus towing. That really sucks!
Thanks!

Old 02-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

rjcl, I would first start out with seeing if any of the local locksmiths have the capability of programming a new Jaguar key. They will need to access the computer and install the proper numbers into the computer. Some will be able to, others will not. From there, ask them if you can supply your own key or must you use their key. If you can use your own key, then you can get on e-bay and order either a brand new key with the unused blade or you will have to buy a key fob and then buy a new blade separately. From there, if you can get your own keyfob, you will want one with the part code of "1X43-15K601-AD". That will have the correct numbers for your car to accept.

The following users liked this post:
rjcl004 (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 10:21 PM

Thanks Thermo! So far I have not been able to find a locksmith that can do the job. if anyone has info on someone near St. Louis that can it would be a great help.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

I was wondering about this too. Is it a fairly common thing locksmiths can do? (Being a rarer brand of car, especially in some areas) The nearest dealership where I live is about an hour from here, so maybe the locksmiths there might be able to help me if no one can program it where I live. Would you have to get the key cut at Jaguar though? What if you don't have your key?

Old 02-27-2014, 01:37 AM
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

If you have no keys, I think the only option is the dealer.

However I believe you would need to go to them with proof of ownership before they start the process.

If you have the key code you could probably get a blade cut which will enable you to get into the car then get a locksmith to program a new fob.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:56 AM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

we have misplaced (lost) the only flip key and remote we got with a used 2003 x-type
I agree that is probably the way to go.

However I believe you would need to go to them with proof of ownership before they start the process.
Certainly it is what is required in the UK.

If you have the key code you could probably get a blade cut which will enable you to get into the car then get a locksmith to program a new fob..
I suspect few folks have the T code for their car.
My car came with a bar code with the T code stuck on the back of one of the flip keys.

Of course Jaguar should know what the T code is for your car.
The original car supplying dealer may be able to find it on their database.
I would expect a personal visit with proof of ownership will be required wherever you go.
A visit to a local Jaguar dealer hopefully will then permit him to get the code from another Jaguar dealer.

I obtained a printout of my cars detail specification from my LOCAL dealer ( not the supplying dealer). It states " Key number Not authorised".

Even then , getting a key cut will only allow you to open the door.

Getting a basic key will not solve your problems.
Many may not be aware of the following which I assume applies to other X types.
If I open my car by putting the key in the door lock and manually unlocking it , after opening the door ,after a short while the alarm sounds.
I can silence it by hitting the open button on my remote.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:01 PM

Does it have to be 1X43-15K601-AD? 1X43-15K601-AE will not work?
Thanks,
Rick

Old 02-27-2014, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by henry k
If I open my car by putting the key in the door lock and manually unlocking it , after opening the door ,after a short while the alarm sounds.
I can silence it by hitting the open button on my remote.
Or ... as per the Owner's Manual ... 20 seconds after unlocking door with key, until alarm sounds or until you place key in ignition. If key goes in after alarm starts, it will stop the alarm. If key goes in during the time delay, it overrides and the countdown and alarm will not sound.

Best wishes,
Ken

Old 02-27-2014, 04:56 PM
GLH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only have one key and am worried that tuis could happen. What's the best way to get a second key and program on an 05?

Old 02-27-2014, 05:51 PM

Or ... as per the Owner's Manual ... 20 seconds after unlocking door with key, until alarm sounds or until you place key in ignition. If key goes in after alarm starts, it will stop the alarm. If key goes in during the time delay, it overrides and the countdown and alarm will not sound.
The instructions apply IF you have proper fully working keys BUT

Have you tried this with a key that has no chip in it or a chip that is not programmed to the car ???

This will be the situation when you first get a key cut before any coding is done.

I may be able to confirm the situation tomorrow.
I have some "non logo" basic keys that have been cut but not yet programmed.
These will be my emergency keys and look a bit like the USA keys used for hotel staff to park your car.
(In the UK, these keys, if lost, would be assumed to be what are very very common Ford keys so would never be associated with a Jaguar)

Old 02-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

rjcl, it should work as the AD and AE are simply 2 different revisions of the same part. But, may want to check with the dealership and see what they say just to make sure.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:52 PM

I found a place to get that key fob with a blank key at a decent price, but the dealer will not tell me if that is the right part/frequency. I found a locksmith in st. louis that will cut a key but they want $150 to order the code from the VIN number. $159 for a key, $35 to code the key and that doesn't include a fob. Oh yeah and $59 to come out. The delaer would code a fob and key for about $600 but wouldn't give me a solid number because it would be 1.5 to 3 hrs. of labor probably. There must be a more reasonable way.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:04 PM

the dealer will not tell me if that is the right part/frequency
I find that is a very bad attitude.
I would suggest that the vast majority of keys in the USA are for the US frequency.
I have looked at some of the large number of UK Ebay items for sale.
Jaguar x type keys
jaguar x type keys | eBay

I always understood that cloning was an incomplete solution to having only one key.
Confirmation of that is in an item on Ebay( at the bottom of this posting).
Only when you have TWO properly coded keys can you self program the chip for up to two additional keys or re program your existing keys.

If you have no keys then I think you are in for a big expense at a main dealer.
I would be interested to know how a local guy can solve it.
Hook up a PC to the car and run a copy of Jaguars software?
__________________________________________________ ___________

BRAND NEW GENUINE JAGUAR XJ XK S-TYPE & X-TYPE 4 BUTTON FLIP KEY FOB REMOTE | eBay
"IT IS ON THE 433.92 mhz FREQUENCY, WHICH IS FOR THE UK, AUSTRALIA
__________________________________________________ _________
This seller seems to know his stuff.

For European and Japanese models Region 2, 315 Mhz.

(Important: Please check in either your car manual or with an authorisied dealer that the Mhz rating is compatable with your car.)

NEW JAGUAR S TYPE X350 X TYPE KEY FOB EUROPE JAPAN REGION 2 315 MHZ | eBay

Region 2 315mhz includes: Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Cayman, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Salvador, Singapore, South Korea, St. Kitts/Nevis, St. Lucia, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Uganda, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.

Note: This is NOT compatible with UK models
__________________________________________________ ________
some images that might be of interest

Jaguar X type S type XJ 4 Button Remote Key FOB case shell +uncut blade | eBay
__________________________________________________ _____
X Type S Type X350 Jaguar UK 315MHZ Remote Key Fob USA NEW | eBay

Jaguar USA Remote Key Fob X-Type
From VIN D82662 To E55549
315 MHz
Part number:C2C24317
__________________________________________________ _________________
Jaguar Blank Key with Cloning Transponder Chip - S / X - Type | eBay

X - Type: 2000 - 2009

Here we are offering a Blank Uncut Key with a TPX Cloning chip inside ONLY for cloning purposes only, not programming. Cloning is a cheaper yet just as effective as programming option for getting an additional key for your vehicle. If your key looks like the item and also fits the vehicle criteria then this item will be suitable. All you need to do is get the blade cut from any locksmith and get it cloned by any locksmith with the correct equipment. We also offer services to CUT your key blade using the key number and CLONE your chip if you can send us your key or bring it to us in West London. Please let us know if you require these services. Please note, not anyone can clone the chips. Special equipment is required which locksmiths and auto-locksmiths will have, and we recommend original equipment is used, not aftermarket products from abroad.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:31 AM

I have some "non logo" basic keys that have been cut but not yet programmed.
I have now tried out these keys.
I put the key in the door lock and opened the door.
Then I put the key in the ignition and turned it which lit all the lights as normal and then the alarm sounded.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:28 AM
Default Xtype 2.5 V6 sport wagon japan

Hi! I'm new to the forum
I'm trying to get a new key and fob for my car, I only have 1 now and wish to get a cheap one from eBay but I see the fob has a different frequency depending on the country and I'm not sure what is the frequency in Japan, how can I find out ?
I see a few comments here saying 315 MHz but some others say 433HMz so now I'm confuse... Someone wrote you can tell with the VIN number if so how can you tell ?
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks!
Hector

Old 02-09-2016, 01:12 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I opened my FOB and found that the IC had come unsoldered. Also, there is black goop under and around the most used buttons, lock-unlock.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't mess around, go to the source, i.e. Jaguar Head Office in Coventry U.K.
They keep records of every jaguar ever sold.
You will need to supply your Vin number and proof of registration.
They will then send you 1 or 2 keys. They will also send you a transmitter key fob if you want. They will also cut the keys for your car in the U.K. Cost per key including cutting is about U.S.140.plus postage. I have just done it. Cottonwood. Ted.
The email address is:- jclassic@jaguarlandrover.com

The following users liked this post:
JagXSE (09-25-2017)
Old 02-05-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by mikesmith2

If you have the key code you could probably get a blade cut which will enable you to get into the car then get a locksmith to program a new fob.
can anyone tell me where I can find my key code

Old 02-05-2019, 01:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts

Key code as in what?

If you're inquiring about the tibbe key cut code, you can get it from a dealer with VIN and proof of ownership.

Last edited by Dell Gailey; 02-05-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dell Gailey
Key code as in what?

If you're inquiring about the tibbe key cut code, you can get it from a dealer with VIN and proof of ownership.
do you know how much roughly it will cost to get the code

Quick Reply: Help! Lost key and remote.