Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me out.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me out.

I just recently purchased an 02 X Type.
The previous owners weren't very respectful to this glorious machine.
First and foremost,...
Can someone help me identify these connectors?

I'm experiencing a lot of common issues that have been mentioned in existing threads.
Most recently I'm dealing with the Cruise Not Available issue;
It's idling roughly, and intermittently bucking when driving.
It randomly bounces back and forth between DSC error, gearbox fault and cruise control not available.

I'm also curious if anyone can tell me if my fuse setting are correct.
This is the existing setting from when I purchased the car;
But it doesn't match my diagram.
If and when I switch the settings the match the diagram my car won't start.

Identify this connector please.

Identify this connector please.

Is this setup accurate?

Old 10-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok welcome! But everyone needs to check in and introduce themselves before posting and it would be very helpful to know what kind of machine and engine you are referring to? 2.5 or 3.0

Take a picture back a little so we can see where the connectors are located in the car.

Gee

The following users liked this post:
IcyWhite02 (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

First, a hearty welcome to the forum.
The connector in the first picture is the for the battery maintainer that the car was shipped with. Once it arrive at the dealer the maintainer was removed and returned to the factory. Fortunately your picture also shows where to plug it in. At the bottom of the battery box you can see that round knob on the box. That is the holder for that plug that keeps it clean and dry.
Now for the other connector if it is the area just above the transmission and near the starter it is like mine and doesn't plug into anything. I personally think that it is for models with the manual transmission. But, to be sure take a picture a little further out so we can see where it is located.
For your last problem the missing, bucking while driving. Is the CEL on? Even if it isn't you need to read the codes from the OBD connector and get the fuel trims at idle and 2500 RPM. I suspect they will show a vacuum leak but that's a guess. It best to have the data so we can help narrow things down.

Finally for the fuse box information and listing the link below will take you to a thread that has all of the details.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ram-faq-10712/

Last edited by avern1; 10-10-2016 at 04:37 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by avern1:
IcyWhite02 (10-10-2016), swingwing (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I don't know much about those fuses, I can see those box fuses do not belong to the car, look like the ex owner had done a lots of wiring modified, you get a big head ache now.

The following users liked this post:
IcyWhite02 (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is a 2002 X Type AWD 3.0.
6 cylinder.
It has 18in low profile racing tires.
Standard stereo.
Original interior.

Thanks for your feedback.
I live in Washington state, so my timing is probably a lil off for some of you.
I will follow up on your leads in the morning.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:45 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

First, check all the error codes you can get from ECU and other modules.
Basic codes can be read with a cheap ELM interface and a smartphone.

Believe me, there is little use in looking everywhere without any clues where the problem can be.
Once I've even pulled INSTR, GEM and ECU out from my car, and as it turned out ABS was to blame, so it was just a waste of time.

Second, fuse setup depends on vehicle (year, engine and even equipement - like heated windshield etc). Auto transmission has 2 computers more onboard.

It would be unwise to modify fuses basing on other car configuration. Better try to get fuse information diagram from the internet. And then check what is correct and what is not.

I have '02 3.0 AWD manual and I have fuse information somewhere... I will try to share it later. (from what I've seen different x-types variants have different fuse boxes)

CRUISE NOT AVAILABLE and rough idle can be due to vacuum leak. Check IMT valves seals, PCV valve and hose, and brake servo to inlet manifold hose for leaks. Very common problem. Probably talked over million times here already.

Old IMT seals are yellow, change to green ones. PCV hose should be new ribbed type (otherwise it's problaby already broken and sucking huge amounts of unmetered air).

Last edited by sobrus; 10-12-2016 at 04:55 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Sobrus is correct about some of the vacuum leak areas.
Jaguar only used 2 wiring harnesses for the x-type. The first is for vehicles from 2001 to 2004.25. After March of 2004 they did a redesign on the wiring harness.
I took a look at the fuse box in my 2002 and it matches the one in your photo. The 2004 after March has a different fuse box.
The harness is the same no matter how your car is configured which is why you will find unused connectors through out the vehicle. Example is NavScreen and no Navscreen. The harness is the same but empty plugs are in the boot when the Navscreen isn't fitted.
The link I provided in my earlier post is the correct fuse listing for your vehicle.