X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help w/ Rear View Mirror & Back-Up camera LCD

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 01:51 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help w/ Rear View Mirror & Back-Up camera LCD

Hi, Does anyone know if the rear view mirror can be removed without any problems in an '04 X-Type 3.0 with Auto dimmimg and no rain sensors?
I'd like to put one of those rear view mirrors in that have the LCD screen to see the back up camera since it seems to be a pain to make it go into my NAV screen. The mirror manufacturer says it's not that hard to install, but "The notes I have for your vehicle indicate that you should not replace your factory mirror. Is there an alarm indicator or something else "extra" about your mirror?" Does anybody know if this can be done? I know the mount may be the biggest challenge cause it's part of the windshield and if the mount doesn't match, I may be in trouble. Thanks.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you remove factory rear view mirror?

how do you remove factory rear view mirror? I already removed the top mounting but base is attached to the windshield, doesn't seem to have any screws or bolts?! How do I remove base mount from windshield? Many thanks!

Originally Posted by 4bizonly
Hi, Does anyone know if the rear view mirror can be removed without any problems in an '04 X-Type 3.0 with Auto dimmimg and no rain sensors?
I'd like to put one of those rear view mirrors in that have the LCD screen to see the back up camera since it seems to be a pain to make it go into my NAV screen. The mirror manufacturer says it's not that hard to install, but "The notes I have for your vehicle indicate that you should not replace your factory mirror. Is there an alarm indicator or something else "extra" about your mirror?" Does anybody know if this can be done? I know the mount may be the biggest challenge cause it's part of the windshield and if the mount doesn't match, I may be in trouble. Thanks.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh sorry Paul. Din't see your reply. I don't know how to remove it and I'm waiting to see if anybody knows if it will mess up any electronics if I replace it with the mirror I posted above?

Old 12-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bizonly
Oh sorry Paul. Din't see your reply. I don't know how to remove it and I'm waiting to see if anybody knows if it will mess up any electronics if I replace it with the mirror I posted above?
The light sensor for the auto headlights is part of the factory mirror. Without it the exterior lights will not turn on when the headlight switch is in the Auto position.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gold_04_X-Type
The light sensor for the auto headlights is part of the factory mirror. Without it the exterior lights will not turn on when the headlight switch is in the Auto position.

Thanks!

My rear view mirror is broken I want to use 04 JAGUAR XJ8 rear view mirror in my 2002 X Type.

Do you know or where I can find
04 JAGUAR XJ8 rear view mirror wiring diagram? It has compass, a nice feature missing in X type mirror..

Thanks again!!