X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi my name's Jason, I own a 2002 XType 3.0.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi my name's Jason, I own a 2002 XType 3.0.

I lost my original key , so I bought a new set, had Jaguar dealership in Fife, WA cut the keys, but since the car had to be there ifor them to program the chip for the car to recognize it so it would start, I decided to have a friend whos a locksmith program it at my house to save the money I would've spent on a tow truck to take it to the dealership. So when he tried to run his programs thru it to get the new keys programmed, he said he could not get the ecm to communicate with the keys and he tried all the different programs he had for my make and model, he even tried the programs for a S Type with no different results. What could be causing this? The car started fine before I lost the key.i appreciate any help I can get. Thank you

Old 04-21-2018, 06:56 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Jason, it is sounding like either you got the wrong style key and the way that the key communicates is not compatible with the car or you have thrown the car into its security mode and it is not letting anything thru. This is where you may end up having to have the car towed to Jaguar to have them reset everything and make it work. They will tell you if the keys that you bought are the correct ones.

I used to live up in Bremerton. So, I know the Fife area all too well. That area sure has built up since I was last living there. I make it out that way periodically to see the grandkids.