Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HIDS Finally installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HIDS Finally installed

Well I decided to start a new post just because the other one had a few pages...well these are 6k hids I paid I think $78.99. They look bluer than they do in the pictures. The lights are really hard to take good quality pictures of like you see online...I'll figure it out sooner or later but these should give you a good idea though...
Like I said not so great of pics...

This one helps to show the difference between the two...

Show how crappy the fogs look now...

Show contrast of the hids vs. the yellow of the fogs yet again...they really do look bluer than the pics show...

I like this pic for some reason...perhaps the look of the amber side marker light...

Shows how drastic a difference there is between sylvania silverstar fogs and the hids...BTW I paid about 45 for the 2 sylvania silverstars and only paid $78.99 for the hids...to me they are way worth the extra 35 bucks...

What do you guys think?

Old 10-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: HIDS Finally installed

I think it looks amazing. I bet it's nice to finally have them, and have them installed. It's easy to tell the difference from those pics, and I know you can tell a difference when driving.
That's really a beautiful car, I love that color. I think if after I get rid of this car, I'd like to have a blue X.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bout Time .

They look pretty darn good! The 6k isn't too far off from the 8k, but to each his own. I like the blue tint on my 8k's. I want to do my foglights eventually and install some blue or amber city lights in my high beams.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member

Well thanks 310...did you already have hids in or not? I was talking to a few people on here that wanted hids and they didn't know which kelvin to go with and now I can't figure out who???
The blue color is a nice color...thanks again btw...the blue was a second choice for us as we wanted a black on black sport but as soon as I found this and for the price I couldn't go wrong. I think so far I've only seen one other x with this color in person so far...that was last year on black Friday at Best buy...so the color is extremely rare and it does look really good. Looks good at night almost like it is an iridescent paint because it kind of looks purplish...I don't like the darker or lighter blue color though as I haven't seen either in sport models...I'm obsessed with the sport models of the jags for some reason...I like the no chrome or mostly painted look more than the chrome...

Yeah sparty tell me about it! That jerk at vvme never shipped the lights when I ordered them back on the 6th or 7th and than I made a item not received on paypal and he finally investigated more and realized that he didn't even ship them (my guess as once again he wont respond back to me) and shipped them finally on the 19th and I got them this morning...JERKKKK!!! Man I was so irritated about that....I was shocked at how blue they look as I really wanted more of the pure white with a hint of blue but they look awesome...I might get a set of 4300k for the main beams and swap out the ones in there right now or just keep the 6k and get a set of yellow hids for the fogs...or 6k for the fogs as well....decisions decisions...for now though I have to fix the passenger headlight as it is messed up...the adjustment on it is broken and the inside guts of the lights are dancing allover the place...I can only imagine how blue your really are!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Looks crumpy
Enjoy your HIDs

Old 10-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aquill1- You'd be amazed at how many X-types have broken tabs mounting tabs inside their headlights! My headlights had 3 of the 4 tabs broken when I took them apart and my car has never been in an accident! Get some JB weld or some Gorilla glue. I used both. Since you can't replace the plastic mounting tabs, you have to repair them. Most are easily fixed with some glue/jb weld, some may need to be completely replaced; it depends on the damage.

I took all of them out of my headlights when I converted to the factory Xenon setup and fixed them all. The ones that weren't broken got covered in JB weld so now they are MUCH sturdier. I'd be very surprised if they break now.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks cadi...
Hey tokay to do this though I'd have to take the bumper and all that off...also I noticed that inside of there I have a dead freaking spider that left some of his finer work of arts and now died up in there. Do you by chance have any pics of the tabs?

Old 10-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome lights mod! wish i got the 6k's..

Old 10-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Aquill, bright lights....in the 3rd pic it looks as though the one on the RH (looking at the picture) is on main beam and the one on the other side is on dipped!
Do you get flashed from oncoming traffic?
Is the 4300k the hint of blue kind?

Old 10-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  7.4 KB

Lookin good Quill.............much better once you get that passenger side sorted alignement wise
Nice one

Jim

Old 10-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

All right quil...got these beauts in. Can anyone say blinder though? What's going on mate, get them things aligned.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:13 AM

I don't have any pics of the tabs right now, but when I get home I can take some. I have one left-over "fixed" tab that I have lying around. Basically it is a broken tab that looks like it went swimming in JB weld.

I have my factory halogen headlights apart at home right now. When I get home I will do a step-by-step write-up on taking them apart. Yes, you will need to remove the bumper to do it but it is very, very easy. I guarantee it was harder to install your HIDs that it is to remove the bumper. Now that I've done it twice I can do it in less than 15 mins.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  7.4 KB

ORIGINAL: tokaygecko
I don't have any pics of the tabs right now, but when I get home I can take some. I have one left-over "fixed" tab that I have lying around. Basically it is a broken tab that looks like it went swimming in JB weld.
I have my factory halogen headlights apart at home right now. When I get home I will do a step-by-step write-up on taking them apart. Yes, you will need to remove the bumper to do it but it is very, very easy. I guarantee it was harder to install your HIDs that it is to remove the bumper. Now that I've done it twice I can do it in less than 15 mins.
Looks like we got a FAQ commin on?
Knowin Tokay it'll probably be a cracker too
Lookin forward to seeing your post tokay

Jim

Old 10-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

He's right.. The bumper removal isn't bad at all. I took mine off a while back to clean some things up. The only issue I had was dealing with the headlight washers.. I'd hit the button, have two friends grab the arms when they popped out, and gently remove the body color cap on the end. Those arms are hard to hold onto! I couldn't believe how hard they try to pull back into the car. And considering everything gets sprayed with fluid when you hit the button, it's tougher because everything is wet and slick!

Old 10-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anybody know how to take the front bumper off? I dont know where all the connections holding it on are. Any help?

Old 10-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member

I haven't tired yet scuba so I couldn't help you...my problem I don't think will be removing the bumper its putting the darn thing back on!!! Not to mention with my luck the other side will need fixing also and I will have only bought the passenger side lamp![:-]

Hey buck no I haven't gotten brighted by anyone yet...I've driven it a lot more now since I've had the hids in...wonder why?

I would adjust them, if I could! Remember when I said the adjustment is broken bigs?

Man its irritating having the lights being like that though because I'm **** and hate it...

Buck the 4300 I'd imagine would be more the look I was going for myself. Although mine look very closely to the cadi hids...I'll have to have my wife or someone drive the car by me to see what they look like approaching...I've been too busy for much of anything though...[8D]

Old 10-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member

Hey pal, I was letting you know that you gotta do whatever it takes to get them aligned. I had noticed you said the tab was broken...what do you think bud? I listen to you; that's what makes our relationship work...COMMUNICATION!

Old 10-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah sure thing!
Thanks for reminding me
But seriously I think I know how irritating it is that they aren't aligned when I notice that the driver to my right has all the light that my new hids I just spent my limited money on! Sucks that someone else gets my hard earned light!

Hey btw you should seriously buy some bigs they look sooo much sweeter...you should buy the r lights that have the projector already on there....

Old 10-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member

They don't fit my S mate. I was just looking at some on e-bay, and I've gotten to thinking, it shouldn't be too hard to retro fit the, but I gotta get a hold of some to see how hard it would actually be. The wiring should be fairly easy though. I just gotta take a look at them together. It's something that I have to contemplate, because my lighting isn't that good, and that's after it drastically improved when I cleaned them up.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:00 AM

Good news- I got a ton of pics of the process of taking apart the headlights and repairing the broken tabs. I personally don't have any broken tabs to take pics of anymore, but I did take pics of one of my "fixed" tabs. I'll sit down and write up the FAQ tonight or tomorrow and post it up.

The headlights are so easy to work with. They look really complicated when taken completely apart but it really isn't bad at all. It's like a LEGO set, without any assembly instructions

Quick Reply: HIDS Finally installed