X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm Back!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Back!

After owning a 5-speed 2002 X-Type 2.5 (Premium & Sport) followed by a 2004 X-Type 3.0 (Sport) 5-speed, I traded in for the 2008 Mercedes C300 w/4-Tronic, a rather nice car. Keep it through two Wisconsin winters and then to Florida where, in quick succession, I've had a series of automatic transmission vehicles (age does take its toll): mainly a used 2004 BMW 530i and a previously-owned Lexus ES 300. Nice cars, both ... but the Beemer suffered from "twisted seat syndrome" followed by "Check Engine" light annoyances; nothing wrong with the Lexus ... except it just wasn't sporty or fun to drive like my Jags. Self-justifying the purchase of an extraordinary 2007 Jaguar X-Type whose fetching countenance bewitched me because we'll be moving back north with the snows and wintry mixes, I traded in the Lexus on the Jag and have rejoined this X-Type family forum. Glad to be back home here. Over the years, you folks have been most helpful with suggestions and advice about by two previous Jags and look forward with admiration and pride to being able to return here with my joys and frustrations. I see we can't post pics of our buggies anymore here, so I'll try to circumvent the system by posting a "trackback" link to the listing for the car I just purchased. Has anyone else ever seen an X-Type modified like this, with a carriage "bonnet" and royal look? (~Jaxpaxpastor ... previously known as MBCprof and StagJagProf).

Old 07-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Default "The Missing Link"

Originally Posted by jaxpaxpastor
After owning a 5-speed 2002 X-Type 2.5 (Premium & Sport) followed by a 2004 X-Type 3.0 (Sport) 5-speed, I traded in for the 2008 Mercedes C300 w/4-Tronic, a rather nice car. Keep it through two Wisconsin winters and then to Florida where, in quick succession, I've had a series of automatic transmission vehicles (age does take its toll): mainly a used 2004 BMW 530i and a previously-owned Lexus ES 300. Nice cars, both ... but the Beemer suffered from "twisted seat syndrome" followed by "Check Engine" light annoyances; nothing wrong with the Lexus ... except it just wasn't sporty or fun to drive like my Jags. Self-justifying the purchase of an extraordinary 2007 Jaguar X-Type whose fetching countenance bewitched me because we'll be moving back north with the snows and wintry mixes, I traded in the Lexus on the Jag and have rejoined this X-Type family forum. Glad to be back home here. Over the years, you folks have been most helpful with suggestions and advice about by two previous Jags and look forward with admiration and pride to being able to return here with my joys and frustrations. I see we can't post pics of our buggies anymore here, so I'll try to circumvent the system by posting a "trackback" link to the listing for the car I just purchased. Has anyone else ever seen an X-Type modified like this, with a carriage "bonnet" and royal look? (~Jaxpaxpastor ... previously known as MBCprof and StagJagProf).
Here's the link that didn't show up in Trackback: 2007 JAGUAR X-TYPE 4DR SDN ONE FL OWNER ONLY 25K MILES serving Tampa Bay St. Petersburg Westchase Brandon Florida

Old 07-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Never seen anything like that! But the car looks very clean. Just as an FYI back in 2006 we ended up getting 2 AWD cars - the C280 4 Matic and the X Type. Both were new and we made the unusual decision ( for the DC area people) to go with 2 cars targets than SUV. Both the wife and me can't figure out why we need an SUV in DC! It's the 2 of us plus our now 4 year old

In any case, it was nice to be able to compare the 2 cars. Most people. In fact everyone thought the X was a much more expensive car! In terms of maintenance and cost both cars were equivalent, but we both found the X to be better overall for our needs. After 4 years of owning both cars I have no doubts that the X Type was unfairly maligned by many in the media who probably never drove one for long trips or in the snow and rain.

In any case, I still think a well kept X type still stands out from the regular 3 series, C and ES.

It's great for long drives ( even if it's a little noisier than the C) but the pick up, handling and interior comfort are better in my humble opinion

Only thing I noticed is that your car is missing several options

Last edited by aluni2230; 07-10-2011 at 07:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jaxpaxpastor (07-10-2011)
Old 07-10-2011, 02:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Welcome back
Happy safe driving

The following users liked this post:
jaxpaxpastor (07-10-2011)
Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by aluni2230
Only thing I noticed is that your car is missing several options
You're right!

The one option I'd really like is to have the reverse/parking sensor or warning option.

Does anyone know if this can be added by a Jaguar dealer as an aftermarket option?

Gracias.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxpaxpastor
You're right!

The one option I'd really like is to have the reverse/parking sensor or warning option.

Does anyone know if this can be added by a Jaguar dealer as an aftermarket option?

Gracias.
Yes. The jag dealers in my area will do it. It's usually cheaper to buy the parts and have them install it.

The jag dealers in my area will also retro fit the navi to a non navi car - 1,800 + parts. Not saying it's worth it, but they'll install it for you and the 1,800 includes the cable and the disk. Just saying since the navi upgrade was never offered as an upgrade on a non navi x type (as far as I know).

Old 07-11-2011, 06:10 AM

Thanks! Good to know.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Welcome back. Actually I saw one other x-type decked out with the roof like yours a few years back. It was a VDP with the piping around the seats as well. Really unique to see it on an X.