Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake Bolts

2002 Jaguar X-type 3.0 70kmls

Hey, was doing a upper and lower gasket replacement while buttoning everything back up I had a couple bolts brake. looking for a part number or replacement bolt idea. Thanks

the bolts used to hold this down.

Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,824 Likes on 3,143 Posts

John, your best bet is to go to a store like Fastenal and see what bolts they have in stock that you can use. Those are a fairly standard bolt and all you have to do is to match up the thread pitch and the length. They are not a high strength bolt or anything special. Worst case, they will be able to order the bolts you need and get them there in short order. You might be able to go to say Lowes/Home Depot/Ace and they may have the bolts. But, that will be more of a hit/miss situation and in that case, you may have to get a more specific head (ie, may only be able to find in a high strength capscrew head). But, it is always worth a look.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:29 PM

Fastenal, I sure miss them, have one in my hometown. Here, not sure, going to have to check. She hasn't been running since my last post, I been doing what I can when I can. Money is short as we bought a new car. She started for about 3 seconds last night when I got the engine back together, but those two bolts, gonna have to get them out of the hole, extractor is what I was thinking. Need to get this fixed so I can find and diagnose the next problem. So far I've done the O ring, the upper and lower gaskets, oil change, oil filter, gas filter and plugs. I'm pretty sure one of my coils is bad, but I need it to run for more than 3 sec to find out. Thanks for the reply I will check up on that. Lowes had nothing.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:40 PM

History of my car.

1. Faulty Transmission. was making a lunch run at work when this happened, I had to hike up a 3 mile hill to get back to the site. Left it there for 4 days and came back the warning was off and the car started again.

2. Like an idiot I tried to put one of those chips in, it went onto the MAS, she went into limp mode, replaced with OEM.

3. Changed the plugs, the new plugs I put in had a short sleeve and long thread as the ones that were in before had a long sleeve and short thread.

4. Sun roof and cruise control are gone.

5. She died every so often, had to wait anywhere between 5 min to 1hour for it to restart, this happened during my trip from NY to Pittsburgh, actually happened going down hill and I lost all control over steering.

6. Went to the shop for a fix, they replaced the O-ring, looking back I'm not sure if they replaced them all. The two in the upper intake and the TB one. I checked em all and they seem fine.

7. I had to keep the rpms high during stops or she would die. Sometimes it just died and I had to restart, you could restart right away and it usually would.

8. My headlights did not work, the high beams did and all other lights did, just not the reg lights.

9. She's dead for good.

10. here I am. going through the steps.

Last edited by John Delaware; 03-24-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:45 PM

Thinking atm, it's assorted leaks and fuses. Hoping it's nothing like an ECU problem or a Throttle body problem, but both are suspects down the line.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

I have an engine on the floor complete. Do you need all the intake bolts?