X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior lights wont go out

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 10:12 AM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Interior lights wont go out

Hi Guys, I recently read one of the threads on here aboutinterior light staying on after doors and ignition were locked. I've got thesame problem the front courtesy light stays on for about 30 minutes after thecar has been locked and then goes out. The passenger and driver reading lights don’twork at all and if I take the connections at the main light the rear / centrecourtesy and foot well lights work fine on the delayed timer. I have developed aproblem opening the doors using the remote key fob and wonder if this isconnected to the same problem or something separate. Once the car has been usedafter being stood overnight the fob works ok, although I do need to replace theremote part as the unlocking button is not so good. All the other functionswork fine even from reasonable distance so I don’t think it’s the battery.

A couple of questions,

Firstly any help or thoughts in regards to what the faultcould be with the interior lights?

Secondly has anybody had this issue trying to open the locksafter the car has been stood overnight?

Thirdly could these problems be linked and part of a biggerissue?

Old 11-28-2016, 03:00 PM
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

One of my cars has a similar problem. The interior lights do not dim and go out quickly, they stay on for a few minutes (never timed them).

I also get a horn beep when locking the door. It may only happen if I use the key, can't remember. The manual said this is to tell you a door, bonnet or boot is not closed, but they are.

Have not found any "normal" door light plunger switches. My thinking is that they must be the problem....but not to be found. Could be your problem too.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:27 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Larry, I've read somewhere it could be a short on a black wire around the light unit, think Thermo posted a reply to a similar question a while back and said check for shorts touching the chassis particularly if you have been doing some work around the area, which I have installing a video camera recently. Other thought it could be the ECM on its way out. Just wanted some ideas if anybody had similar problems. Might put a PM out to him see if he's any ideas.