X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ISimple review

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ISimple review

After much back and forth debate, I elected to pursue somethng other than the Jag ACM. After much research I elected to go with ISimple's Transit Blu (ISFM22). It's kind of an FM transmitter hybrid. The unit plugs into the antenna input of the radio and communicates via Blue Tooth with the Iphone/Ipod. After pairing your Iphone to ISimple unit, simply tune your radio to a frequency you select as your input source, hit the play on your Iphone, and audio is produced. I've had the unit in place just shy of a week and must say I'm quite pleased with both the peformance and audio quality. I picked up the ISimple on E-Bay for $80.00 and have another $20.00 in antenna adaptors. Installation wasn't much over an hour; one wire to a switched power source (lighter in ashtray), one wire to ground (metal structure around J-Gate), plug into antenna jack of radiio, plug antenna wire into ISimple unit.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

Great. I made the mistake and bought a cheap 'no brand' FM Modulator, and had all sorts of problems with background noise. I recently bought a used older ACM. Installed the latest software and have a great sound system.
I also installed an iSimple into my dsighter's Metcury Sable and she is very happy with the results. The Sable's radio is in the trunk so wireing it up was a pain.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Rantsc
After much back and forth debate, I elected to pursue somethng other than the Jag ACM. After much research I elected to go with ISimple's Transit Blu (ISFM22). It's kind of an FM transmitter hybrid. The unit plugs into the antenna input of the radio and communicates via Blue Tooth with the Iphone/Ipod. After pairing your Iphone to ISimple unit, simply tune your radio to a frequency you select as your input source, hit the play on your Iphone, and audio is produced. I've had the unit in place just shy of a week and must say I'm quite pleased with both the peformance and audio quality. I picked up the ISimple on E-Bay for $80.00 and have another $20.00 in antenna adaptors. Installation wasn't much over an hour; one wire to a switched power source (lighter in ashtray), one wire to ground (metal structure around J-Gate), plug into antenna jack of radiio, plug antenna wire into ISimple unit.
How do you connect the red wire to the cigarette lighter?
Thanks