X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues with the driver door locking mechanism - please help

Old 11-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with the driver door locking mechanism - please help

Hi guys,
I have serious issues with the driver door locking mechanism. I can't use the fab or metallic key to open this door. The other doors opens (mostly of the time) but for this one I have to open it by inside.
I went 8 times so far to the Jag dealership. I have to go back in two days for the same issue. They don't have any idea how to solve this issue. I need some help. I'm trying to solve this issue from months.
Thanks,
M

Old 11-08-2010, 02:49 AM

Sounds like the mechanisim has come off the back of the lock cylinder or the arm that intersects the lock cam to the door.

Can you open the door? Im assuming you cant as its locked?

Does the key lock and unlock? Not talking about ulocking and letting the door open, Im talking about can you hear the lock mech moving when you use the key and or fob?

If you can open the door is there any rattling sound inside the door?

Answer the above and I might be able to help further.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:02 PM

Hi RSVG,

Thank you for helping me on this.
The key lock the car with no problem. When I'm tring to unlock the car (by fab or with the metalic key) I can hear the mechanism and I can see the inside small handle moving, but the door is still stuck if I'm trying to open it by outside.
If I push above the handle sometimes you can hear a small click and I can open the door after this or sometimes is not any click and the door is released.

Thank you,
M

Old 11-08-2010, 04:03 PM

I was going to write a long winded 'what to do' but theres already a comprehensive answer in the FAQ's. Its definately in internal door mech issue. Get the door open, take the door skin off and follow the instructions on the FAQ.

If you have problems getting the door open, try putting presure on the inside door lock as sometimes this is just enough to move it in the right direction.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:24 PM

Thanks RSGV,

I will try to put something together for the dealership, as tomorrow I'm going to see them again. With the info that I will find here I hope they will be able to fix it.

Have a great one,
M

Old 12-02-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by RSVG
I was going to write a long winded 'what to do' but theres already a comprehensive answer in the FAQ's. Its definately in internal door mech issue. Get the door open, take the door skin off and follow the instructions on the FAQ.

If you have problems getting the door open, try putting presure on the inside door lock as sometimes this is just enough to move it in the right direction.
I'm trying to help a friend, who, I think, is having a similar problem.
Where is this linked in the FAQ? the only thing I could find there (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5915) on locks is the disabling the auto-lock feature.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:14 AM

Thank you guys,

I solved the problem this time. Was the door handle mechanism, they replaced the mechanism and now is working very good.

All the best,
M

Old 12-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  19.3 KB

Glad you got it sorted Martini..

come to think of it guys.....I've checked and know that its been mentioned several times over, but can find NO FAQ for it
I can see the FAQ for the door card removal but NOT for the door handle /lock mechanism fix that has been talked about 100's of times.

We NEED a FAQ for this guys.....really needs to be added to the collection, so.......
There's a call out for anyone that wants to do a write up c/w pics of course on how to adjust / renew / repair the door handle locking mechanism for the benefit of future members.
Anyone up for it???

Old 12-03-2010, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by JimC64

Glad you got it sorted Martini..

come to think of it guys.....I've checked and know that its been mentioned several times over, but can find NO FAQ for it
I can see the FAQ for the door card removal but NOT for the door handle /lock mechanism fix that has been talked about 100's of times.

We NEED a FAQ for this guys.....really needs to be added to the collection, so.......
There's a call out for anyone that wants to do a write up c/w pics of course on how to adjust / renew / repair the door handle locking mechanism for the benefit of future members.
Anyone up for it???
I second the request.
Some delicious for whoever does it!