X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jag jerks

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jag jerks

hey everyone i'm new to this jaguar forum thing so i hope im doing this right, anyways i got a problem with the jag its an 03 x type 2.5 and whenever i want to give it some gas to take of the car jerks. like when im going on the freeway and i need it to speed up it starts to jerk so i have to hold the pedal down very little and gradually pick up speed. around town the driving is fine. any ideas why it does this? any ideas or anything really is appreciated

Old 11-28-2016, 09:04 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Sounding like either a vacuum leak or your fuel pump is getting weak and may need replacing. By chance, do you have a check engine light on? If so, get the code(s) read and post them here. that would give us a much more clear idea of what is going on. The other thing that I would ask is when was the last time the fuel filter was changed? If you don't know when, replace that first. You wouldn't be the first that had this sort of problem that was solved with a new fuel filter.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

+1

possibly bad coil(s) i.e. misfires

Old 11-29-2016, 04:00 AM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Originally Posted by steezy
hey everyone i'm new to this jaguar forum thing so i hope im doing this right .....
Welcome to the forum steezy,

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 11-29-2016, 05:54 AM
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

I agree with Thermo - sounds to me like insufficient fuel supply when you're asking for more power. Replacing fuel filter on this car is easy and inexpensive. You don't need to get the filter from Jaguar - your local auto parts store will have one. How many miles on your car, and is the Check Engine Light (CEL) on? And by the way have a look at the engine air filter as well.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:34 AM
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Not going to lie, lol when I read the name of this thread I associated it with something along the lines of "you Jaguar guys think you're so cool, you're just a bunch of jerks! 😭 " hahaha

Its probably in limp home mode, getting on the throttle in that state is very jerky at that 2800ish rpm cut off. It's got to be showing codes get em checked and stop back in. My bet is ignition coil or vacuum leak...