X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jag Tech in Central Ohio?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jag Tech in Central Ohio?

I saw a post once from a Jag Tech in, I believe, Powell, OH, just north of Columbus, but am unable to locate that post, and need to know if that person is still doing business? I recently adopted a 2003 X-Type 2.5, and while everything was running great at first, little niggling glitches are gradually getting worse. It seems that folks at the regular shops (Firestone, Goodyear, etc) are doing the best they can, but I get the distinct impression they are taking a stab-in-the-dark approach! So I'm looking for some more specific expert help - of course, cost is also a factor!

Right now, my biggest issue is some generally light rough running, almost like it's skipping a cylinder on rare occasions. This is linked to a check engine light, the diagnosis code, according to Firestone, is something to do with a Lean Mix error. I also get the "Cruise not Available" message fairly regularly.

More seriously, if I punch the gas at low speeds, I get no response... the engine doesn't stall... it just doesn't pick up speed... I have to feed in the gas slowly (no more than 1/2 the travel on the gas pedal). Also, once I get just shy of 3,000rpm, I get some serious stuttering, more like 2 or 3 cylinders are out, and it's hard to go any faster - I have to ease off the gas, and let the shifter do it's thing, then feed in the gas in the next gear!

Sorry this is so long - trying the "free advice" route before committing my pocket book, of course! Any ideas would be appreciated. Firestone did the "fuel system flush" (not sure if that means anything was done to fuel filter/pump) and they said next step *might* be HT leads/plugs... but budget is tight, so I thought I'd try here first!

If you made it this far, thank you!
Regards,

David.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found "JagTechOhio" in the sticky, right above my post! I feel so stupid!

If anyone wants to chime in on the problems I described, I'd still really appreciate it!

Old 07-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

David I'm moving this to the X Type section. You'll get more hit for a tech problem.

You are also correct, Andy Bernstein in Powell = JagTechOhio (he's not been active on the forum for a while, but no reason to suspect that he is not busy working on Jags).

If you do look him up, say Hi from the forum.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Received 126 Likes on 78 Posts

Just to update this, it appears that Andy Bernstein, aka JagTechOhio is not working on cars anymore. No answer from his number and another member here has tried.
I also heard from the owner of AutoAssets, a higher end shop/sales in Powell that they've been getting a lot of jags in for service from his former customers.

Wish we had someone good in Central Ohio, I'm looking.

*or if anyone can recommend a good dealer service/tech. They are out there, just have to find the right ones.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

RossKuhns
If you look back to previous thread on this sight there is a ton of info on your vacuum leak problem and how to fix it with minimum tools if you are at all handy,it is explained in detail in the TECH HELP section. A screw driver,10mm and 14mm 3/8 drive socket and a web sight access to PART GEEK is all you really need to fix most engine problems if you use the info from this sight, many people have had success.I hope this helps you get started in the right direction

Old 10-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Received 126 Likes on 78 Posts

bill,

thanks very much, but I don't actually have the same problem, I'm just looking for a good indy jag mechanic in central ohio

I (and another member) had tried to hunt down jagtechohio and wanted to pass along what we found- that he appears to not be wrenching any more.