X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar Alive Driving Experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Jaguar Alive Driving Experience

I saw other forums had topics on this, but didn't see on in the x forum.

Did anyone else receive an invite? I received mine today and registered. Looks like it is going to be a great time!

Might make me want to do something crazy to the x since the engine needs replaced.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91stealthes

Did anyone else receive an invite? I received mine today and registered. Looks like it is going to be a great time!

Might make me want to do something crazy to the x since the engine needs replaced.
I'll be at Chicago on Friday, Oct. 5th. I've heard only good things about it so far.

Last edited by GGG; 09-21-2012 at 02:54 AM. Reason: insert missing [/QUOTE]
Old 09-21-2012, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by finalfan7asy
I'll be at Chicago on Friday, Oct. 5th. I've heard only good things about it so far.
Yeah, I have heard great things as well. I will be going on Saturday in Chicago.

I actually received another invite via email, but it doesn't look like I am allowed to register again.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:43 PM

How was it? I am really looking forward to tomorrow.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:00 PM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Everyone in other sections of the forum who has been on one of these has had a fantastic day.

Enjoy it and please post pics or a video link.

Graham

Old 10-06-2012, 01:46 AM

How was it? I am really looking forward to tomorrow.
It was worth every second! I arrived 2 hours earlier than my scheduled time but that was not an issue, they paired me up with an XJ immediately and sent me on a "street drive" around the area. By the end of the day I drove (drove is an understatement) an XF, XKR-S and everything in between. Not many people where there so I was able to jump in anything I wanted with minimal or no wait. I even gave an interview at the end which more than likely turned out horrible because I was in awe from the whole experience.

I took some photos/videos but for some reason I can only attach one photo via smartphone.

Enjoy being part of the small population to sit in an F-TYPE here in America!

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-image.jpg  
Old 10-06-2012, 03:08 PM

Just got back from the experience. It was a well put together and run show.

As mentioned prior, drove the entire Jaguar line-up (minus the F-Type).

This was a great opportunity to see what the cars can do, as most people don't put them through this type of driving.

On the road course I took the XFR, wow, who would have thought a sedan could put down those times and handling. Unfortunately someone in my group beat me by .7 seconds.

I asked about the F-Type and was informed that the Chicago event was the first time it was being showed in North America. It was really sharp.

I will post pictures later once I get them off my camera. I will have my 0-60(??) video on Wednesday.

Definitely glad I took the time to goto this event. Unfortunately, now I want to purchase another Jaguar...I guess they did their job, right?

Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM

It was worth every second! I arrived 2 hours earlier than my scheduled time but that was not an issue, they paired me up with an XJ immediately and sent me on a "street drive" around the area. By the end of the day I drove (drove is an understatement) an XF, XKR-S and everything in between. Not many people where there so I was able to jump in anything I wanted with minimal or no wait. I even gave an interview at the end which more than likely turned out horrible because I was in awe from the whole experience.

I took some photos/videos but for some reason I can only attach one photo via smartphone.

Enjoy being part of the small population to sit in an F-TYPE here in America!
More photos from Chicago’s Jaguar Alive Driving Experience.

In the last video clip, my fiancé shows off her handling skills in an XJL AWD on the elements course with DSC turned off. The XJL AWD did well considering the simulated sand and snow conditions.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-f-type-1.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-f-type-2.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-f-type-3.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-f-type-4.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-xj-street-ride-1.jpg  

Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-xj-street-ride-2.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-xkr-s-1.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-xkr-s-2.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
XKR-S 0-60.wmv (884.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: wmv
XJL Elements Course.wmv (1.89 MB, 59 views)
Old 10-08-2012, 06:02 PM

Attached are a few of the photos I took during my 2 hours at the event.

@ finalfan7asy - what did you drive and what was your time on the motor cross? I was 36.1x in a XFR.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-focus_on_jaguar.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-f-type_door_handle.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-f-type_front.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-f-type_hood_up.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-f-type_interior.jpg  

Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-f-type_lense.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-hosts_waving.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-icy_hill.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-icy_turn.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-jaguar.jpg  

Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-jaguar_sign_0_60_run.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-mirror_jaguars_following.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-welcome_back.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-xfr.jpg   Jaguar Alive Driving Experience-xj_50_supercharged.jpg  

Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 PM

Attached are a few of the photos I took during my 2 hours at the event.

@ finalfan7asy - what did you drive and what was your time on the motor cross? I was 36.1x in a XFR.
I also drove the XFR but I didn't do as well as I had hoped. I claimed a 40. What did you think of the XFR? I was really blown back by the handling and performance.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 AM

I also drove the XFR but I didn't do as well as I had hoped. I claimed a 40. What did you think of the XFR? I was really blown back by the handling and performance.
I couldn't believe that a sedan could run and handle like that. They did a fantastic job. I actually got the rear end to break free a little. I was thouroughly impressed with it. So much that I went home and looked it up on Jaguar and then also on eBay to see how I could get my hands on one

I am a little disapointed in my timed run. I could have easily been in the 35s and maybe the high 34s. I hit the turn coming into the slalom really hard and I couldn't get acceleration because I was still turning and it wouldn't give it to me because of that new technology. It was my worst slalom of all my runs. Too bad we weren't allowed to turn it off.

It was a blast! I am so glad I went and hope I get invited again. I am contemplating doing their driving acadamy as well to get a day in the car and tearing it up.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I would be interested if they do one in Virginia.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

reading all these experiences is making me anxious

Old 10-10-2012, 04:46 PM

My 0-74 mph run. Unfortunately the back end broke free a couple times.

http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/kwi..._id/0_fkmj8msm