X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar, david Gilmour or your melody?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts
Talking Jaguar, david Gilmour or your melody?

Hi fellow enthusiasts dreamers and realists and ... someone else?
I like to chill with pink Floyd, a bit of rock or "Eye of the tiger, by Survivor", what tune goes with your baby, your magnet, your light, your darkeness or your enchantment divine?
Have your say, I'm sure this will be a battle of taste, class, schooling and after school homework, age and enlightenment and of course something else, after all I'm still a learner!!!
May the righteous conquer and if it gets too tough... I'm OUT!
ha Ha ! Respect and awe, the right time... somewhere!
Stu

Last edited by Stuart Beattie; 07-14-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Stuart, I am more of a "Several Small Species of Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict" kind of guy. Something about that song that just gets me.

But then, you are talking to the guy that has over 100 Pink Floyd albums and tons of remake albums. I also make it a point to get all of the solo work of the members too. Haven't been disappointed yet except for maybe "The Body" by Roger Waters. Just can't seem to get into that album for some reason.

If you are after a good remake album, find the version of Dark Side of the Moon by Easy Star All-Stars titled "Dub Side of the Moon". It is a reggae version of DSOTM. I rank it right up there with the original DSOTM and I hate remake albums as a general rule.

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I will buy me a football team.

The following 2 users liked this post by Thermo:
harvey_birdman (07-14-2013), Stuart Beattie (07-15-2013)
Old 07-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Veteran member

Stuart, bit of a trivia question for you. Do you know the story that DSOTM is telling? Not a lot of people realize that it is one of the first albums that Pink Floyd did that actually has a story line to it. It is a much easier story line than the one put out by Pubius Enigma. But that is a different story all together.

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (07-15-2013)
Old 07-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
If you are after a good remake album, find the version of Dark Side of the Moon by Easy Star All-Stars titled "Dub Side of the Moon". It is a reggae version of DSOTM. I rank it right up there with the original DSOTM and I hate remake albums as a general rule.

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I will buy me a football team.
Dub Side of the Moon is fantastic.

There's also a cover of DSOTM by the Flaming Lips and a bunch of guest stars. It's quite enjoyable as well.

Stuart Beattie (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 06:04 AM
Veteran Member

Hi Chris (Thermo), thank you too, Mr Harvey, I am "In the dark" ie I don't know!!
I do know that Pink Floyd got their name from a poor hapless dude who jumped off the Empire State Building, I obviously have to update my music knowledge before I get TOO OLD!!! Ha ha!, please elaborate, and what do the girls here get up to when they are let loose in Their Cat???
Bet they won't tell, Regards and Thanks!!! Stu

Old 07-15-2013, 06:51 AM
Veteran member

Stuart, the story of DSOTM is essentially the life of a human. It covers from the birth (Breathe) to a death (US and THem/Eclipse). LIsten to the album with this thought in mind and it will make a lot more sense.

As for the name of the band, it actually came to be complements of an acid trip that Syd Barrett was on when he was listening to some jazz music of two artists from Georgia by the name of Pink Anderson and Floyd Cramer.

Stuart Beattie (07-16-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member

That's amazing! Jings, I really didn't know that although Syd Barret was well liked and it was a tragic shame he fell to the pressures!
I apologise for not replying so soon but I've been chasing jobs and other essentials but keep up the great postings and try to have fun too! And I WILL listen to the Dark Side of the Moon again, with renewed vision and insight!
You are appreciated, thanks again!
And I hope you don't mind me recommending you as a good guy to get advice from as I'm a little unknowing in certain areas!!
I will, however know a little more when my baby comes back from the mot and service, cripes! ATB Chris and all the good advice and remedies! Thank you! Stu

Last edited by Stuart Beattie; 07-16-2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: I need grammar and spelling refresher!! :)
Old 07-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member

And this post was about MUSIC TOO!
What about "Our little secrets then?"
Is it Dean Martin when the Lady is present? Sex Pistols for a serious wheelspin?
Maybe Tom Jones or the Drifters!
Sinatra or Elvis? Shakespeares Sister or Twisted Sister? The Undertones or Black Sabbath?
The Cure or Madness? Gawd, it's quiet out there!
What's your take? Feel Free? Regards to all, Stu

Old 07-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

Hi Stu,
When the long haired Admiral is in the car we have to have a bit of C & W.

However, for me it is rather more varied. Mainly, anything from the "rat pack" or when you when you really want to put a smile on your face, "Music To Watch The Girls Go By" the compilation CDs. Mix in a bit of Elvis, Mario Lanza and some Classical and I am one happy tree frog.

Last edited by jimbov8; 07-16-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Stuart Beattie (07-16-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member

Jim we're only across the pond so to speak, but that's quite interesting, I thought and had to look it up and surely Cable and Wireless aren't a band?
I now see it's easy on the mind folk, country music and I can't agree more!
Does Willie Nelson or Johnny Cash count, because if it does I'm in there!
But, have you ever had a cd/lp/tape you loved to bits then ahem, one day it starts and you want to throw it for miles? I had that with a Micheal Jackson cd, after all the stories, I sadly succumbed to media pressure! Music to watch Girls go by is timeless! A great tune, everyone who's been somewhere kinda knows it!
Good Morning America is one of my favourites and the ex has it!!! DOH! I don't think you can beat John Denver for some cruising or gentle on My Mind (Glen Campbell) or even "Witchita Lineman" but it also has to go with the moment I think, probably because, I have several moods in a day (and not all are too healthy, ahem! )
I also think certain things do "Make you Happy" as I have felt my mood change when I am suddenly engulfed with a certain glow.
I had that feeling in a shop once where I heard a song and yegads, I felt all aquiver I suddenly had this mad urge to find what it was? It was white on Blonde by Texas!
Yes, I just had a look and I think the ex has that too!
I wouldn't actually mind if she listens to it... !
I bet she doesn't though!!!
Keep em coming though!
This is refreshing and thank you Jim, Purrfection for a CAT! Stu