Sponsored by:

Jaguar Voice Weirdity

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 12:47 PM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts
Default Jaguar Voice Weirdity

So I finally got around to enabling Bluetooth with my celphone and think it's great. Got a weirdity with J-Voice though. When I issue the voice command: "dial <number>" it correctly responds with "Dial <number> say yes or no". However no matter how many times I say "yes" or "no" J-Voice doesn't recognize it and eventually says: "Dial cancelled" or some such.

The phone works fine when I manually enter numbers, it also answers when the phone rings and the ring goes through the speakers fine. It's just that I can't seem to get J-Voice to recognize my command to dial the phone.

Oh, J-Voice recognizes me fine for other commands like tuning the radio and changing the temperature.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Tanks
================================================
Jaguar: Grace, Pace, and Space - Sir William Lyons

Old 03-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Received 969 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by pab
So I finally got around to enabling Bluetooth with my celphone and think it's great. Got a weirdity with J-Voice though. When I issue the voice command: "dial <number>" it correctly responds with "Dial <number> say yes or no". However no matter how many times I say "yes" or "no" J-Voice doesn't recognize it and eventually says: "Dial cancelled" or some such.

The phone works fine when I manually enter numbers, it also answers when the phone rings and the ring goes through the speakers fine. It's just that I can't seem to get J-Voice to recognize my command to dial the phone.

Oh, J-Voice recognizes me fine for other commands like tuning the radio and changing the temperature.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Tanks
Try giving the Voice button a press before EVERY command or response to the system. The X-Type just ain't no XJ, way more noisy. I think they made that a requirement so the system knows EXACTLY when to listen for a command.

My two cents.......

Old 03-19-2012, 04:57 PM
pab
Veteran Member

>Try giving the Voice button a press before EVERY command or response to the system.

That was it! Finally got around to trying it over the weekend and it worked like a charm when I pushed the Voice button and then said yes or no.

Thing didn't understand my wife at all. She's from Boston...

Old 03-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How did you "enable" your blue tooth with your Jag? Pleeease list phone type and process!

Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 AM
pab
Veteran Member

>How did you "enable" your blue tooth with your Jag? Pleeease list phone type and process!

It was already set up, probably by the guy who leased it before I bought it. It just sensed the phone when I did the synch. Gen 1 iPhone