Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar X-Type Audio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jaguar X-Type Audio Problem

Hi There,

I am a new member and desperate to solve an audio issue on my Jaguar.

The vehicle is a 2008 X-Type (manf 2007 in UK) I am pretty sure it is a stock standard vehicle. The Stereo has a CD stacker in the boot and has bluetooth.

About twelve months ago I was getting a "no cdc" error and have had it ever since. I pulled the stacker out a few months ago, took it apart and cleaned it. The CDC error was gone and it wanted to play a cd, but wouldn't. Frustrated I just thought i'll get around to it when I can - everything else, the interior single cd player, radio and bluetooth all worked fine.

A few months ago the bluetooth started playing up and would only pair with my iPhone 4S on the odd occasion. Just last week the audio has stopped working. The cd and radio seem to operate fine apart from a NO FM message when I switch from AM to FM. The audio works for about five seconds when I start the car and then cuts out completely until the next time I start the car.

I have researched the following possible causes and potential fixes.

The system needs to be reset by a dealer.

A faulty speaker - which I have had for sometime could be causing the system to shut off audio - it is some kind of protection

Optic cable is faulty, causing the who system to play up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Stu :-)

Old 07-20-2013, 11:27 AM
GGG
Received 16,794 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Stu,

I've moved this post from General Tech Help section to X-Type section. Members here with the same model will be able to help. I've also left a 'redirect in General Tech Help section so you get double the chances of an answer!

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Endersby (07-20-2013)
Old 07-20-2013, 12:20 PM

Thanks Graham. Much appreciated :-)

Old 07-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Default Audio Problem Resolved

Hi Everyone,

Just a little update on my audio problem. My battery died this morning. I called the RAC and the technician seemed to think that the battery in the car was not the correct spec. (It was replaced by Jaguar in Adelaide a few years ago) looking the the battery holder, it was quite a bit larger than the actual battery.

I went straight to battery world and got the correct battery fitted. It was larger than the previous battery and fitted snugly into position.

As a result, my stereo now has audio. I'm not sure how the battery can affect this function, perhaps a computer. Anyway, problem is sorted. The only issue I have no is the CDC no disc error has returned and the Bluetooth is saying handset - the handset message seems to sort itself in time.

Stu

GGG (07-25-2013)
Old 07-25-2013, 04:37 AM
GGG
Received 16,794 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart Endersby
............ and the Bluetooth is saying handset - the handset message seems to sort itself in time.

Stu
Stu,

Good to hear the audio is (nearly) all back.

Bluetooth must be searching for the 'paired' phone which it does automatically when the ignition is switched on.

Have you previously had your own phone paired or has Bluetooth not been working properly before?

Graham

Stuart Endersby (07-26-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Default Jag Bluetooth

Hi Graham,

I have only paired my iPhone 4S. I have seen this issue before and managed to resolve (or it resolved itself). It has been more of an issue recently with the stereo audio with the message "No Phone" With the new battery, that message is now gone.

If I get into the car with my phone's bluetooth on, the "handset" message is there and the phone prompts for the 4 digit code. On the phone it shows handset not Jaguar.

The CDC error has been there for a while and the CD changer has power but wont play cds. I have pulled the unit out as mentioned on this forum with no luck.

Thanks for your ongoing advice and support!

Stu

Old 08-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Hi Stu,
I am sorry to hear of your continual woes, I don't have a clue about bluetooth as I don't use it and I don't trust it. I am old fashioned and if something is important for me to be telephoned, I pull over and can concentrate on the issue at the time instead of being distracted. Too many toys in this world, we end up forgetting about real toys!!
I am wondering if you tried unpairing the phone and starting from fresh or try tracing the wires under the passenger side of the back seat, could something be not quite rightly attached? i am purely guessing but it seems such a pain after changing your battery too? Good luck Stu, and Regards, Stu

Old 08-23-2013, 06:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Stu, the other thing could be a bent or unstable cd tray could be unhinged or damaged and this would stop the cd from working as it does, or are the items the wrong way, am just guessing again and have you tried those cds before and they played okay?
You'll win in the end, unlike me! Stu

Old 08-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Bluetooth in general can be flaky at times. I would have the phone "forget" the car and then try pairing it again