X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Fob

Any suggestions on how to replace the key fob without having to replace the key itself? My keyless entry remote appears to not be working. Thanks!

Old 06-14-2017, 01:49 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you use the SEARCH facility you'll find previous posts on this.
Try below; many members, including me rate him very highly.
fingazfobz | Home

Old 06-14-2017, 03:31 AM
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I would suggest pulling it apart and do a few simple things first. The key part of the FOB separates from the remote part and then you can pry the remote part open. Then undo the screw and first replace the battery. You need a CR2032 battery and you can get them at Best Buy or Target. Then take a q-tip and rubbing alcohol and clean the contacts on the small printed circuit board. Get and crud or dirt out of there. Then put it back together and give it a whirl.

Next question is...did it ever work? if so then do the above. If not you might need to pair it to your car which is easy but still do the above and put a new battery in and clean it all. Just let us know. I will include a diagram for you to see how to pry this apart below.

If it doesn't work you can get cheap ones off ebay, and just replace the top portion with you key and transponder and match it to the new remote. Basically you can match any working key and transponder with any remote bottom half if that makes any sense.

peace out,
daddylogan

Old 06-14-2017, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

You can buy a new circuit board or housing with circuit board if needed. Check eBay.