X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Limp Mode after Coolant Leak in Radiator Hose

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Limp Mode after Coolant Leak in Radiator Hose

Hi Fellow Jaguar enthusiasts...I had a coolant leak on my 2004 X-Type. I located the leak and took it to a mechanic and told him which hose was leaking. They insisted on pressurizing the radiator and then told me I was right. They changed out the hose. 5 hours later I went into limp kids, with codes 0171, 0174, 0121. The radiator fan does not turn and the car gets really hot. I changed our the IMT o rings, cleaned the MAF twice. I found a loose connection in the check valve where it attached to the booster. The TOS code and the 171, 174 codes disappeared. But the fan is not turning on.
What is my next course of action?

Last edited by GGG; 01-29-2017 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Emphasise Model & Year
Old 01-29-2017, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did Aamco do a bad fix?

I took my 2004 X Type in to replace a leaking coolant hose. Five hours after the repair the car went into limp mode which it never did before, check engine light came on, and the engine felt extremely hot. The radiator fan does not work now, and I can't drive the car. I took it back to them and they said I need a new TOS which may be true but they broke the fan somehow. Any thoughts?

Old 01-29-2017, 11:43 AM
GGG
Received 16,792 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Welcome to the forum JagUber,

I've merged you two threads and moved your question from General Tech Help to X-Type forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

________

Old 01-29-2017, 12:36 PM
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

Vas ist TOS? Sounds like your fan control module has gone south. It's the silver box in upper left corner of picture. Trouble is they're NLA from Jaguar; they now want you to buy whole fan assembly for near $1,000. You'll have to look elsewhere for a used one or aftermarket.

Attached Thumbnails Limp Mode after Coolant Leak in Radiator Hose-fan1.jpg  

Last edited by swingwing; 01-29-2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Added sentence.