X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long-winded A/C issue

Old 09-22-2014, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long-winded A/C issue

Hi fellas,

I've got an A/C that's blowing nice, warm air. I'm hoping that someone might be able to tell this novice (me) what the problem might be. After doing some reading here, my guess is that something is clogged. But that's just a guess from a guy who doesn't know much about anything under his hood!

Here's a little history on the issue...

I had a crack in my coolant reservoir and had to wait a bit to save the dough to buy a new one. During this time, it would get low on coolant, the fan would kick into high gear and my a/c would start blowing warmer than normal.

I would refill the reservoir and the fan would stop blowing and my a/c would be happy again for a while.

This happened a few times and then finally, the a/c stopped blowing cool no matter whether my engine was heating up too high or not.

Now my reservoir has been replaced and things are hunky-dory, except for the fact that its summertime and I've got no a/c! Haha

I checked the pressure and it looks great. I hear no strange noises coming from the compressor (or anywhere else). Everything SEEMS fine, except the warm air part.

Any guesses or is this something that really needs a professional diagnosis? $$$

Thanks in advance!