X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Molding under passenger side coming off? How to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Molding under passenger side coming off? How to fix?

I have a 2003 X Type, and the plastic molding that runs along the underside of both sides of the car, beneath the doors, is coming off on one side. I was able to snap it back on once, but my son inadvertently bumped it, (lightly) and it came back off and is now hanging down a bit. It looks like it might be missing some of the clips that hold it on. Or the ones that are there may be broken. Either way, I desperately need to get it fixed, but I have no idea where to find replacement clips to get the molding secured back onto the car.

Does anyone know where to get them?

Old 09-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts

Here are the part numbers from JEPC.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
trim_clips.pdf (82.1 KB, 1084 views)
Old 09-01-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by clyons
Here are the part numbers from JEPC.
WOW! Thank you! Looks like I am missing the back side to a number of the rivets.

Now any suggestions on where to order them from?

Old 09-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts
Old 09-02-2011, 11:58 AM

Thank you very much! Very helpful!

Old 09-03-2011, 04:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you for the link from me as well!

OMG! I am so happy to have this parts link! Now I don't have to see the faces of those horrible, numb-headed, jaded workers at my local Jaguar dealer!...and I bought mine off the darn showroom floor!

Old 10-03-2011, 04:39 PM

I tried to order from these people. I ordered online, and never recieved the order. Checked my statement, and I was never charged either. I have called twice now, and have not been able to talk to anyone, and have left messages, and have not had my calls returned.

Does anyone else have a suggestion of where to order these parts from?

Old 10-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by lazerbrains
I have a 2003 X Type, and the plastic molding that runs along the underside of both sides of the car, beneath the doors, is coming off on one side. I was able to snap it back on once, but my son inadvertently bumped it, (lightly) and it came back off and is now hanging down a bit. It looks like it might be missing some of the clips that hold it on. Or the ones that are there may be broken. Either way, I desperately need to get it fixed, but I have no idea where to find replacement clips to get the molding secured back onto the car.

Does anyone know where to get them?
I know you might want to put the skirt back on to factory fastening spec's but in the mean time you might try what I did with mine.
Right after we got our Jag I was doing some cleaning on it and had the driver side rear door open. I sat on the door sill and guess I put some pressure on the skirt with my leg, anyway it popped loose there under the door. I tried to push it back into place but it didn't want to stay put, so I just took a length of double sided sticky trim tape and place it where it isn't visible and then pressed the skirt in place. It's still there now 4 years later, and where is came loose doesn't look any different than the rest that was done at the factory.

The following users liked this post:
lovemycar1 (10-08-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I did the same with the double sided tape. The used dealer reinforced them when I purchased the car but it was temporary. The fix I found to last 2+ years was to drill a very small screw into the actual molding from inside the wheel well that holds the molding to the wheel well securely. My daughter kicked the molding everytime she got out of the car and since I did that fix, it never came loose again.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar Parts Center

Originally Posted by lazerbrains
I tried to order from these people. I ordered online, and never recieved the order. Checked my statement, and I was never charged either. I have called twice now, and have not been able to talk to anyone, and have left messages, and have not had my calls returned.

Does anyone else have a suggestion of where to order these parts from?
I read you had a problem with Jaguar Parts Center and I wanted to share some info with you. I had a similar problem and did some research to find they are associated with Aristocrat Motors Jaguar Merriam 913-677-3300. I had a good talk with a gentlemen named Tom and he explained they have had some personnel issues and he was going to talk with someone about it. He also indicated that he would like to be an official vender on the site and will be inquiring about that. I didn't know where to send him for this.

Anyway, now I am happy after talking with someone who was willing to help me and save me a couple bucks.

If a moderator would get back to me on the process of becoming a vender on the forum I can give you contact info etc.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by xkr ron
I read you had a problem with Jaguar Parts Center and I wanted to share some info with you. I had a similar problem and did some research to find they are associated with Aristocrat Motors Jaguar Merriam 913-677-3300. I had a good talk with a gentlemen named Tom and he explained they have had some personnel issues and he was going to talk with someone about it. He also indicated that he would like to be an official vender on the site and will be inquiring about that. I didn't know where to send him for this.

Anyway, now I am happy after talking with someone who was willing to help me and save me a couple bucks.

If a moderator would get back to me on the process of becoming a vender on the forum I can give you contact info etc.
That's great! Thanks for the follow up. I don't know how to make someone a vendor, but I am glad to hear they are working on fixing the issue.